RC clod buster project

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
There are actually a lot of vintage RC parts and car collectors globally...

When i went back and fixed up my old Tamiya TB Evolution race car (yes the original first gen kit) i was amazed to find find parts for the kit that were NOS too, (although not as easy as mass produced model kits)

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com

Finally back to doing some work on the tuber again. One thing that I was never happy with was the shock/spring combo I had for the truck, just never seemed right just going by feel on the bench. And if it feels bad on the bench it's gonna drive like garbage on the dirt. Finally fixed all that today. Rebuilt the shocks and fixed the leaky caps, then ended up trying different springs and found the T maxx springs actually feel really good on the aftermarket wheely king shocks. So suspension is all set now.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----

Finally back to doing some work on the tuber again. One thing that I was never happy with was the shock/spring combo I had for the truck, just never seemed right just going by feel on the bench. And if it feels bad on the bench it's gonna drive like garbage on the dirt. Finally fixed all that today. Rebuilt the shocks and fixed the leaky caps, then ended up trying different springs and found the T maxx springs actually feel really good on the aftermarket wheely king shocks. So suspension is all set now.
Seriously dope looking rig you got and glad to hear you got your shocks just right, now to find some good outdoor area to bash it before replacing more (stock) parts ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store