Add clown loaches?

Nevernuff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2019
Would like to add about 5 - 7-8" clown loaches. Would that fit well and not overcrowd? The 220 (72 x 24 x30 ) has the 4 dats (8-11") and a spotted gar (11") . Running 2 fx-6 and a aq 110.20190921_153056.jpg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I can't comment on the compatibility issue between clown loach and your current stock as i've never kept gars or dats. Someone else may chime in on that one.

If you do get the go ahead those five large clowns are obviously going to add to your bio load. So your current maintainance schedule will have to change accordingly.

Also your scape may need to change a little to incorporate caves, pipes etc for the clowns to retreat to.

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Might want to stock a tougher more durable loach than Clowns. Maybe Synocrossus Helodes or Y. Modesta. I've kept both varieties. The Tiger - Helodes is by far the toughest & most aggressive. The Y. Modesta - Red Tail, IMO, is the line backer of the Botia Loach world.
No matter which loach you choose, a more complex hardscape needs to be constructed as to provide shelter & more natural environment.

Reactions: tlindsey

Nevernuff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2019
Might want to stock a tougher more durable loach than Clowns. Maybe Synocrossus Helodes or Y. Modesta. I've kept both varieties. The Tiger - Helodes is by far the toughest & most aggressive. The Y. Modesta - Red Tail, IMO, is the line backer of the Botia Loach world.
No matter which loach you choose, a more complex hardscape needs to be constructed as to provide shelter & more natural environment.
I thought of that...they need more hiding. I am not doing the loaches.....going in a different direction.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store