Welcome home Diego!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
My savannah cat, Diego, who i've shown pictures of on here, was last seen last Wednesday morning when I fed him and then he went out. He'll come and go during the day, doing his own thing, but he is never ever out for longer than a few hours before he's home for more food.

Tomorrow morning would have been a full week missing. We had notices up in local shops, it was all over social media, we even posted pictures through people's letterboxes, but nothing. I was going to write a tribute post tomorrow honouring our beloved pet cat because after a full week missing you'd just have to presume the worse.

However, a miracle happened earlier. My daughter, who is looking for a house in the area was viewing an empty property just a couple of hundred yards down the road from us. The estate agent let her in and there sat on the worktop in the kitchen was a cat yarling like stressed cats do. She recognised it immediately as our Diego and called us. My wife stormed into the car and went to pick him up.

Apparently the estate agent said the last time someone viewed the house was last Wednesday dinner!! Cats being cats he had snook in through the open door to explore and then when the viewing was over he got locked in!

I'm absolutely over the moon. He's a bit skinnier since the last time we saw him but he's had a good feed and water and then he was yarling to go back out, so off he went! If he only knew the anguish he's caused over this last week. Lol.

Welcome back pal.

20200302_204637.jpg

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Nice, glad he made it home ok. You have better luck than I do. We've had 13 cats go missing in the last 2 years.
you've got somebody close by doing bad things , that's too many to be bad luck... condolences on the losses...?

Reactions: tlindsey

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Glad to hear you got Diego back, so sorry to hear he was locked up without food and water for almost a week.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Nice, glad he made it home ok. You have better luck than I do. We've had 13 cats go missing in the last 2 years.
The real question is do you live on a farm? 13 cats would make sense on a farm

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
We live in the country. I'm sure some ran off as there are feral cats near by. I'm sure coyotes are responsible for some of them.
that's a different thing then..cats don't run off though, ime, they always stay close to the food source...

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store