Thinking about buying SRD flowerhorn

TexasRanger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2021
You can find her at facebook @ julie tran
No thank you . That train is been long gone already lol

If I look for another fh . Exotic super fish is where I go next . He have alot fh . Little pricey but he give me alot good advice on get my fh better .

Last edited:

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Reactions: TexasRanger

TexasRanger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2021
Seem like I keep having issue with this fish . I did note he have some white poop while treat his ich . But it come and go last few day . Some day it green . And sometime I saw it white . But mostly green . I only feed him new life spectrum cichlid formular . He was getting healthy and super active . So I dint really do anything else accept . Water change daily .

since yesterday I note him not that active . His color go down . And he stay on top corner of the tank . I note the white string of poop . He was still eating . Today I note him not that active at all and I note more white poop .I’m sure he got parasite . Well I clean up a small 18 gallon tank .Set up water and only fill up to about 10 gallon . I move my 3 month old spronge filter that already fully cycle and zero desease from my platty tank to this 18 gallon tank . Add 2 table spoon of salt and water condition . Put brand new heater in it . Set to 82 F. So water should be all set . I wait 1 hours. I move him over from my 75 gallon tank to this 18 gallon tank .So I can start looking into treating him

Any suggest what I need to do for treat his white poop .

Water temp . Water change schedule . Thank you95178332-088B-465A-BD80-DAFDE496B5F2.jpeg

TexasRanger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2021
The new water I add to the 18 gallon is same temp as my 75 gallon .

reason I move him to 18 gallon and only do 10 gallon water . Because it’s easy for me to do water change and if I need to treat with anything . I don’t need to add so much amount .

only 75 gallon . With 25-30% water change . Took me 1 hours and 30 every morning since he sick last week . With 10 gallon . Should take me less then 20 min a day .

TexasRanger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2021
Just back from grocery . Just want let any one in future read this post . Get 100% pure epson salt . Don’t get the one with mint flavor .

I mix 1 tbs epson salt with 5 gl water . Mine is 10 gallon . So 2 tbs epson salt . And add to the tank .

then mix 1 tbs epson salt with 500ml water ( I use tank water ) . And add very little to the pellet that you about to feed to the fish . The rest of epson salt mix water , keep in frig.

I use my fh favor food NLS cichlid . And he eat it right up . E26BBAEE-F782-4716-BD47-7B4416D4373E.jpeg

now my question is . Feed him twice a day for 5 day .

what about water change ?? And continue add epson salt when change water ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store