“Blue yuanbao Parrot Cichlid”

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
Should grow to 4"-6" It will probably not bother the rainbows but ebjd will get killed. Ebjd are pretty awful fish anyways, it's probably not going to reach adulthood even under perfect conditions. Keep your sb Texas it's the better fish.
I think my EBJD took this post personally, suddenly eating every food at every feeding; not hiding unless spooked (and then only for a second); swimming peacefully with the Severum and angelfish that used to be his rivals; his colors are popping at double intensity; etc. It’s like he’s trying to convince me he’s a decent fish worth keeping lmao

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
That's funny stuff and awesome news. I would still keep the short body if shtf, at full size they are so awesome.

Reactions: Supalah17

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
That's funny stuff and awesome news. I would still keep the short body if shtf, at full size they are so awesome.
I’ll definitely keep the short body, my kids are already attached to it so I don’t have a choice lol. They call the EBJD “the butthole fish” after watching me vent it, they think it’s pretty, but don’t like it as much as the new fish

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
So my wife saw Congo tetras when we were at the LFS, and she reeeeally likes them. Any idea if the short body would cause any issue with a school of 15-20 Congo tetras? I know it’s never a certainty with fish, but any kind of educated guess would be good (Congo’s are about 9-10$ a piece so that’s a big investment in free food lol).

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Every cichlid is different and you could luck out. My luck has always been the smaller schooling fish getting picked off in the night. Have tried breaking up the line of sight midwater with driftwood and tall sword plants etc over the years in larger tanks and get the same results. If you can get them full size or a larger species even it would be a better chance.

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
Every cichlid is different and you could luck out. My luck has always been the smaller schooling fish getting picked off in the night. Have tried breaking up the line of sight midwater with driftwood and tall sword plants etc over the years in larger tanks and get the same results. If you can get them full size or a larger species even it would be a better chance.
The ones in the store are all around 2”, so pretty much full grown, hopefully if I put them in now, while the Texas is small, he’ll deal with them. If not, I can return however many survive I guess and go with the rainbows that get at least a little larger. Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store