? fish in trouble

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
I got the last 4 blehers rainnbowfish when I went to the shop today (no majasculus) and the dude bagged up 2 pairs in 2 bags. After about 4 hours, I released them into the 55 gallon but 1 stopped moving and stayed at the top.

This is how he is now15903547561298272477145821792479.jpg

I put him in a quarantine tank and added melafix.

Why is this so mentally deprevating???????? All the parameters are fine ... and all I think is could I have done something. I think I left them in the bag too long.

Reactions: jjohnwm

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
4 Hours in a bag (especially if small) can be dangerous for fish, low o2 or ammonia poisoning could be to blame
I know.. I was stupid. The other 3 are doing fine...well I will never leave a bag like this again.

But after I put him in the tank he was much better and he was swimming. The tank has no ammonia or nitrite. Guess the effect still lasted.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I know.. I was stupid. The other 3 are doing fine...well I will never leave a bag like this again.

But after I put him in the tank he was much better and he was swimming. The tank has no ammonia or nitrite. Guess the effect still lasted.
Always acclimate fish as soon as possible, never hurt anyone and always improves your fishes chances of adapting. Take this as a lesson, it would be a lie to say most of us have not done similar things before.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

Live and learn. Costly mistake and hope you don’t repeat. Keep on going with the hobby!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store