02-07-17 Super rare list from all around the world!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Hydrocynus goliath 4" $125.00 each "True Congo giant"
Hydrocynus cf. tanzaniae 4" $125.00 each 5" $sold out each
Hydrocynus vittatus 5" very thick only 2 pieces $sold out each

Hoplias aimara - wild Suriname giant variety - as seen on TV with Jeremy Wade.
4-6" cute babies that will bite your fingers till it bleeds $600.00 each

Cichla cf. occelaris "brokopondo" the star and map peacock.
these are wild true brokopondo bass, last seen a few years ago.
from 3-8" they sport spangles all over the body., and past 10" they star to have this marbled black swirl marks over the body. depending on individuals, some will have more and some less, also a red eye and gold body. 4" size $125.00 each

Cichla kelberi - captive bred Bahia Taiwan 4" eating cut fish and pellets $45.00 each

Tor putitora babies 1" $45.00 each giant Indian golden masheers - google for full effect!

Brachyplatystoma vaillanti - Suriname 20" giants. These are likely to be different from Peru ones, as the River flow north into the Ocean, separated by a mountain. they can reach 3-4 feet in length. Metallic blue colors. $1500.00 each

Brachyplatystoma cf filamentosum "Suriname" These are much different than the ones in Peru, as some members have both and you can tell them apart easily. These again live in a river that flows north into the ocean instead of the Amazon that flows east separated by a mountain. They are blue in color with a more truncated head shape. They have been found to be over 400 pounds. only one piece available 12" $850.00

Salminus franciscanus "Brazil" 4.25" chunky guys $$75.00 each
Golden dorado!!! They swim in tight schools and will attack like a wolf pack!

Albino Chitala ornata true pink with red eyes albino 7" eating pellets $75.00 each

Albino dantum angel - Pterophyllum sp. between quarter and half dollar size body. patterned like an Altum angel. One breeder in the world. $38.00 each

Corydoras sipaliwini high fin cory 1" $55.00 each
Corydoras coppenamensis spotted face 1" $85.00 each
Corydoras nanaus "true" 0.5" $85.00 each
Corydoras geoffroy - all out, taking pre-orders
Corydoras aneus
"true" Suriname blue laser 1.75" $30.00 each

RARE
Hisonotus aky - green otocinculus 1-1.25" pictured are actual fish., sold out

Pseudacanthicus sp. L 282 king galaxy - long term captive 11-12" $sold out

Rare
Hemiancistrus medianus
first time in the US, eyes like frog, color like Meglancistrus and spints like pseudacanthicus. 6" $300.00
8" $400.00
Rare
Hypostomus luteus -
only available once to twice a year. Only a few distributors in the world.
Phase 1 all black with just tipped yellow fins 12" $sold out
Phase 2 with beautiful yellow in all fins - black body with yellow spots 14" $700
Phase 2.5 16" $900.00
Phase 3 12" $1000.00 super yellow
Phase 3 14" $1200.00 with orange tipped fins
Phase 3 Super select 16" giant with orange tipped fins, only 2 pieces $$$ serious inquiries only

Megalancistrus parananus (Peters 1881). Loricariidae: Hypostominae. Distribution: Paraguay, Paraná and Uruguay River basins: Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay. Habitat: freshwater. 18" giant balls of spines $1000.00 each

Hypostomus arecuta - yellow spots, spikey fins. very nice patterned, rare pleco from Argentina. 6-8" $150.00 each.

Hypostomus roseopunctatus - 12" jet black, tall dorsal fin. Google for a picture for a quick fix. Super rare Argentina pleco. I have kept one outdoor during the winter for the past 2 years. $375.00each only 5 pcs

Bagarius yarelli India wild Dwarka river 4" body $125.00 each

Pseudauchenipterus nodosus
Looks like a paroon shark, but from South America, can reach 15" in size, is black with a gold line down the body. There are less than a couple of accurate internet pictures on line. These were caught with the Boesemani stingrays in Suriname.
3" sold out

Siniperca chuatsi - giant mandarin perch 3" $65.00 each
these can tolerate from freezing to low 80s with no problem at all

RARE
Triplophys siluroides
- giant Tibetan loach, can reach 30" in the wild, I've seen myself.
well started, need cooler water, no guarantees on how successful you will be at keeping. They are like a freshwater leopard shark, and will chase down feeders. 7" $250.00 each 10" $350.00 each

RARE
Luciobarbus brachycephalus Albino - Snake like barb, with mouth like catfish - originally from Kasakhstan. First time in the USA. They are eating cut shrimp and pellets already, seem to be pretty easy to keep. 5" $175.00 each only a few pieces, I would say pretty rare.
Slightly brackish stuff goes up and down the river. Depending on the tide, the water will be completely fresh, or completely salt and the fish will travel up and down and in between all these areas. We've caught snooks, tarpons about 50 miles up river just so you know. We keep them at specific gravity measured between 1.001-1.004, varying depending on how much water I change and remove, but I don't measure it on regular basis.

Centropomus nigriscens - black snook 8" $175.00 only one
5" $125.00
Centropomus undecimalis common snook 5" $100.00
3" $75.00
Colomesus psittacus - this is the first time documented in US hobby that this has been imported. Here is some basic info on it. it can reach 12" plus., pretty aggressive when hungry, otherwise not too bad. Most pictures you see online are that of asselus, the small amazon puffer, never this. Like all puffers they're very tolerant of a wide salinity range and fluctuation. They will readily eat cut shrimp. 5" $125.00 each limited quantity
Lutjanus argentimaculatus 4" $75.00 each
found in pure freshwater in Australia man made lakes

Toxotes blythii 3" $75.00 each only 2 pieces

Caranx sexfaciatus
3" $75.00
6" $120.00 each

Caranx ignobilis 7" $150.00
giant trevally "GT" they will crash the water when feeding like boiling tunas! Imagine a school in a big tank!

Google up Lake Taal - in Phillipines, there are land locked populations of the above 2 fish

Epinephalus lanceolatus captive bred babies- born and bred in brackish water.
These are the Queensland giant groupers, they can reach about 10 feet in the wild!!
4-5" eating anything in sight. $95.00 each

Google for some pictures and do some research online. Of course some fish are rare enough that there isn't much info on them. Also if I misspelled the name, you would have a harder time finding them as well.

All the fish are first come first serve. Shipping for most is fedex overnight to your door, aircargo available for shipments over $500.00. Both will run about $55.00 to $75.00 for most. Live arrival guaranteed. Please read disclaimer and store policy prior to ordering.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/business-policy-must-read.320235/

I will post pictures on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/wesley.won...992.1073741837.604885991&type=3&pnref=storyon

Monsterfishkeepers.com

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/rare-fish-pic-from-rare-fish-series.18015/page-199

Paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com
Serious inquiries only, please send separate email with subject of the fish you're interested in would be best

Shipping method:
FedEx
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Rare Fish

Last edited:

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
This list is like deja vu from seven years ago. Broko, snook, tor....
Great list.

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
I've had other wolves from time to time, but do you know which kind you're looking for?

Aimara is no doubt the king of all wolf fish, followed by lacerdae and others are smaller and less
juvenile lacerdae preferably, but also misiones and australis. Aimara's are great and I would like to have them one day, but are out of my budget as far as the price tag and proper housing.

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
Any word on the Geo's

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Do you have any Orino's coming in. Rio Negro or intermedia?
Orinocensis from Rio Meta are $10-15 dollars each, I don't bother
Orinos from True Rio negro, I've only received once, pretty hard to come by
Intermedia was rare once upon a time, now its not. I don't bother with them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store