1"-1/2 fahaka puffer

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
I just gained a new baby fahaka, trouble Is he cant bite the bloodworms. Is there any other foods I can feed it??

Sweetris

Feeder Fish
Sep 18, 2018
I just got my Fahaka about a week ago and he is only an inch but eating frozen bloodworms. You might want to go to your local fish store and see if they have live baby brine or mysis shrimp, that would also induce the predator response in the fish to get them to eat.

Reactions: Yayo32

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
What do you mean he can't bite the blood worms? The puffer at that size should have no problems eating blood worms, or like said above brine shrimp or mysis. Is there something wrong with it? Get some really small snails and toss them in the tank. Not mts! Get ramshorns or pond/bladder snails.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
What do you mean he can't bite the blood worms? The puffer at that size should have no problems eating blood worms, or like said above brine shrimp or mysis. Is there something wrong with it? Get some really small snails and toss them in the tank. Not mts! Get ramshorns or pond/bladder snails.
Im also curious to know what OP means when he says his baby fahaka can’t eat bloodworms, since they shouldnt have a problem with eating them at that size...

Reactions: twentyleagues

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
Here's a quick
Im also curious to know what OP means when he says his baby fahaka can’t eat bloodworms, since they shouldnt have a problem with eating them at that size...
Here's a quick video

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
I just got my Fahaka about a week ago and he is only an inch but eating frozen bloodworms. You might want to go to your local fish store and see if they have live baby brine or mysis shrimp, that would also induce the predator response in the fish to get them to eat.
They were out of brineshrimp so I grabbed the hikari since it was recommended... :/

Zigermandli

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
try physidae, those Little bubble snails everyone has in his planted Tanks. He will love it and you'll protect him from growing to big teeths

Regards Thomas

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
try physidae, those Little bubble snails everyone has in his planted Tanks. He will love it and you'll protect him from growing to big teeths

Regards Thomas
Thanks for replying I will definitely check them out today

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store