1"-1/2 fahaka puffer

Zigermandli

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
when they're joung they love to search and digging in the Sand to find the Snails

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Btw, just curious if you ever dewormed you’re puffer at all? Since most if not all puffers when they come in tend to have IP’s... Which could also be one reason why your puffer isn’t showing much interest in food?

However, before medicating, I’d probably try a round of very tiny snails as food first just to make sure he’s eating...

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
Btw, just curious if you ever dewormed you’re puffer at all? Since most if not all puffers when they come in tend to have IP’s... Which could also be one reason why your puffer isn’t showing much interest in food?

However, before medicating, I’d probably try a round of very tiny snails as food first just to make sure he’s eating...
I dont think he has ip, he's poop is normal, but now I found swimming like this after adding a wonder-shell to my tank, is this normal??

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Just looking at that last video I don’t really see too much wrong? Guessing it could be the current in the tank pushing him around a bit???

Now a few questions so we can try and make sure nothing is actually wrong...

1. is this tank for quarantine purposes only and how long have you had it running with puffer inside?

2. did you use a filter with mature media inside before placing the puffer in and what sort of filter is it?

3. have you checked parameters to make sure tank water is stable and of good quality?

4. whats your water change schedule like in this tank atm?

if you can give us that info, we can try narrow things down a bit to make sure nothing negative maybe effecting your puffer...

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I would add some sand and some decor. Not saying this is the answer to your feeding problem but may certainly help the guy settle in.
Looks like a small sparse and sterile environment. Make the fish feel more at home and he may relax and settle more.
Puffers appreciate sandy substrate and some where to retreat now and then.

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
Just looking at that last video I don’t really see too much wrong? Guessing it could be the current in the tank pushing him around a bit???

Now a few questions so we can try and make sure nothing is actually wrong...

1. is this tank for quarantine purposes only and how long have you had it running with puffer inside?

2. did you use a filter with mature media inside before placing the puffer in and what sort of filter is it?

3. have you checked parameters to make sure tank water is stable and of good quality?

4. whats your water change schedule like in this tank atm?

if you can give us that info, we can try narrow things down a bit to make sure nothing negative maybe effecting your puffer...
Thanks for replying, I'm running a sponge filter from another tank on this grow out tank, the sponge filter has been running for months, the grow out two days now, I had the water tested yesterday at my lfs everything was fine except ammonia, it was .50, not bad just not there yet since the bacteria is still breaking into tank

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Lol everything was fine except ammonia.... If there’s any ammonia then everything is not fine. That’s probably why the fish won’t eat. Get some cycled media in that tank ASAP and do a water change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store