1000 gallon filter

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
HOZELOCK cyprio is the brand name. Which model filter are you referring to? Most of their models are configured to have water pumped from the tank/pond to the filter with a gravity outlet back to the tank/pond. Their recommended pumps use alot of power. And, you can't guage pond filter capacity to aquarium applications. For tanks, it's the volume of the bio-chamber that's most important with ~2.2 gallons, of chamber size, per 100 gals of tank with normal bio-mass.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
The filter will work for up to about a 250g, just decide what gph you want before stocking. Remember that SW genrally need larger pumps than FW. A 200 gph should be great with a 55g FW tank even with a heavy bioload if you give it time to establish the BB colony.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Filters do not remove salt, correction, slow trickle filters can remove salt, but most do not.
I don't keep salt but I bet that at 500gph that filter would work great in a SW fish only, or as a primary filter with a protien skimmer and 50-100 lbs of live rock in a mixed tank of 55G. Any salt heads looking in please chime in. This is only my guesswork and I would love to be corrected on this if I am wrong, after all, your experience can help prevent my expensive mistake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store