1000 gallon monster cement tank

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
I scrapped idea of 132 and 500 gallon tank because i will move quickly and my father said glass will burst there so he wont allowed but when i asked to build a cement pond like king of diy 2000 he allowed but the most i can get to it is 1000 so quess whay i will build 1000(go big or go home)but because i dont have anywhere to buy asian arowana or rays please let me some stocking ideas.i can get oscars,jack dempseys,silver dollars,iredesent shark,northern pike,red tail and wels catfish,red fin perch,other chiclids,zander,senegal bichir,pacu itd.

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
I want aquarium to be planted with plants that look like jungle val but to have low light ning needs

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I also started with tanks at 14. But believe me, do NOT go overboard with this. You might have time now but school and life can definitely hammer into your time. Also who is funding this? Who will sponsor the expensive kit and food for fish in a tank that size? Even more so if you want to go planted... Have you discussed this with your parents?

And once you move out what happens to the tank?

Also on planting, with fish and a tank that size lighting will be expensive, planted substrate will be extortionately expensive and good luck keeping rooted plants in. Rhizome plants like anubias or microsorum attached to decor would be an easier option IMO.

Reactions: celebrist

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
Did i said first thing that i talked to my father and mother

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
Second i thinking about bare bottom tank and some driftwood in back of aquarium with java fern

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
Also maybe you think it will hammer my time but only thing that i do if not studying is playing games and watch tv

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
And about funding half things that i need i already have and best part is that i dont need to pay for water because my house is on side of river which is clean

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Catlas Se7en

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2018
1. You don't need separate comments for a list, just one reply will work.
2. You sounded kinda rude in that first reply with "Did I said"
3. The dude above asked about when you move out, and I agree. That will be a waste.
4. Fish, food, cement, acrylic/glass, steel, meds, conditioners, test kits, filters, sumps, piping. This is all gonna get expensive and get there fast. A 14 year old affording this...I'm 16 with a job and can't afford a 10K car. You must be loaded.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Try to rescue some fish from Craigslist.
Avoid the large pangasius cats.
Avoid northern pike unless you can keep the tank 55 degrees year round

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store