MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
This should have been in the post #30 for the loach #2-6 20200401_111204.jpg

Reactions: BigShawn

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Due to the need of a 2nd TV due to a parent staying over at my house during the pandemic I have shut down the 55g QT tank to free up the media access area so I can watch shows/movies during my rest time between shifts at work and not be subjected to soap operas. Have moved in the last 3 loaches and the tiny L114 guy I didnt want him contending with the L264s and the way bigger L114 in the 75g already.

Loach

#7 5 cm
#8 5 cm
#9 4 cm

L114 8 cm

20200406_131636.jpg

Tank during water change. Water was draining at the time.

20200406_134259.jpg

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
The 40g breeder is being occupied by a young angelfish pair that I took in and their fry so plans for the more personalized QT tank is on hold for few weeks until fry is big enough.

Next on TO DO LIST plan: move out the rainbow shark from 75g into the 112g as it is bullying the panda barbs Which I want to start focusing on breeding them and the lone female arulius barb I put in there today from the 55g QT tank is also being chased by the shark as well. Poor lady fish cant catch a break in either 75g or 112g (where 9 other boys are at) might be tomorrow when i do my next water change in that tank.

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Sorry no specific fish photos. Was rushing off to work after a hour of tearing down 75g to do a visual on the 1 of the 4 sultans and one was dead like I suspected for 2 days in a cave and took advantage of catching the bully in the tank: the Rainbow Shark yesterday as its almost 1 in the morning as I type an update of the latest addition to this tank!

Rainbow shark 9 cm
Roseline shark #1 8 cm
Roseline shark #2 7.5cm
Roseline shark #3 5 cm

Cheers.

This was taken yesterday before I added the 4 fish

20200415_095301.jpg

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Update. Been a crazy month in end of April and this weekend the best payday ever and the worst.

Was stuck at work one entire weekend 72 hours straight due to coworker out sick (not covid related) the fluval M heater decided to crap out when my parent who is still with me due to the COVID thing decided to open windows and let house temperature drop to 60 degrees. Of course the heater is a POS and couldnt bring up the tempeature. By the time I got home on Monday morning the fish was sluggish. 3 loaches perished sometime over the weekend Didnt measure them as was too peeved as had to deal with this heater issue and do water changes. Next day the 4th loach was dead and one clouded archerfish somehow caught some fungus/bacterial infection blinding it.... so poor thing has been struggling for 3 weeks I have added 2nd heater. Temperature has been stable. Have been adding safeguard everyday after WCs along with stablity and prime. That archerfish seemed to turn around last week starting to eat.

NOW.......

Had to close down the tank why?

The basement flooded. The pipe busted flooding my basement in the wee hours of Friday morning and I come home to work to a huge mess. ?

Over the weekend it has been migating the heavy rains, resoration consult dealing with all kinds of crap inside/outside, moving fish around and the 112 g remaining 5 loaches went to a LFS to be housed for short term until the basement is redone. Its a tear down at least 2 feet of drywall. The Ariulius Barbs all 9 boys and all kinds of misc fish was sent over to the shop too. I kept the female A. Barb with the loaches from the 75g upstairs in a 40g tank. Its an overstocked tank. At this point i am trying to keep this group least stressed out as possible.

Stock tub was not an option as humidity had to be kept as much to the minimum and i didnt want to stress out the 2 biggest loaches as well as the archerfish.

For the time being this is a short term solution.

For what I have observed. The 1st batch the 6 loaches has been very robust in the 75g tank

The 2nd batch from the 112g tank has seemed to take a huge hit since the cold temperature hit. Not as lively.

Now back to continue to pack up stuff in basement. It stinks high heaven due to the moisuture still on ground. Commerical dehumidifier has been running nonstop.

Back to your daily programming!

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
New Floor is being installed this week. Might be by mid July to get fish tanks back up. Have current 40B still running with 75g clowns and archerfish to keep media running. Might switch out 75g to 120g. Not sure yet. The 112g is remaining the same. That tanks clowns are still thriving at the shop they are at right now.

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Was able to put 112g tank back up and running but 75g tank stand had water damage so wasnt confident in its structural ability to last for a while (chain pet shop crap stand). I decided to move the 112g tank to a different wall in the basement.

You can see the POS fluval M series heater showing blue in following picture... cant decide for itself. I got 300w replacement in mail today will hook it up tomorrow after work. Hooked up new heater from shop.

i picked up the fish before heading off to work yesterday to get the fish out of their hair and my to do list whittled down and just dumped them into the tank threw in seachem paraquel and flew to work.

Came back home and checked the fish out further:
The worst loss of this
... the clown loaches were MIA. Apparently the owner caught the rainbow shark eating one of them... would have been nice to know rightaway.. still decent of him to board those fish and kept the majority of them alive . now I only have what I kept with me out of the 75g upstairs crammed in the 40g breeder with the archerfish

Due to no 75g so just combined whats left from both tanks as there are some fish numbers missing about 20ish more fish from the entire 2 tanks. Not shocked from LFS with too many fish to notice. Did barebones as much as possible keeping wood out to montior all fish health. Pvcs /caves added to keep the L114 and sultans from further stress And avoid the bigger ones harming the smallest L114.

20200708_141942.jpg

Currently put up L114s , congo tetras, the guilty rainbow shark and napo cories for sale at a local fish club classifieds

Once 75g tank stand replacement is done the only fish remaining in 112g will be the the all male Ariulius Barbs/roseline sharks and I will bring down the loaches from upstairs and the archerfish and move out everyone else back into the 75g. The lone female ariulius barb will chill with the panda barbs in that tank.

Part of me want to keep the rainbow shark as he behaved himself with the 75g clown loach group when he was in that tank. But SMH it must have harassed the loaches to death at the shop. So disappointed.

B1GC0UNTRY

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2020
Awesome thread, sucks about the flood! You were saying you thought the python was wasting water, it does like crazy. I use mine with the hook attachment purely for filling my 125 now. If the FX4 is just like the FX6, I use the filter to assist with draining. I have a window right next to the tank. I can actually run the small drain line right out the window and easily drain as much as I want. I also set mine up with a spare valve and ~60 feet of 1” ID tubing. Using the Fluval vacuum, I can gravel vac and dump right into my garden boxes. Just ideas using what you got. Runs the small filter pads and through the filter so it’s not perfect but it’s good for thought. Hope your set up gets back n running ??

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store