12” Hoplias Curupira not eating

Monsterkeeper0223

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2020
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to be posting under this but my new wolfish that I think is a male hasn’t eaten in like 2 weeks can anyone help me?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It’s not common for wolves not to eat even though a couple of weeks new. Make sure ur water is clean and it has a hide to hang in or around. Eventually it’ll eat. Keep offering food and it’ll happen. Unless it’s acting odd of course.

Monsterkeeper0223

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2020
It’s not common for wolves not to eat even though a couple of weeks new. Make sure ur water is clean and it has a hide to hang in or around. Eventually it’ll eat. Keep offering food and it’ll happen. Unless it’s acting odd of course.
Do you happen to have any ideas or anything if you have an idea I’ll do anything to get this fish to eat the tank has 2 fx6 external canisters running on it and I know that’s way over kill but i have them so I’m using them and I’ve tried literally all types of food and all different way and he’ll even swim up to me and act hungry somtimes but won’t touch anything I give him. He’s been hanging out with 5 crayfish and 4 goldfish in his tank for 3 days now I’m very worried?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Do you happen to have any ideas or anything if you have an idea I’ll do anything to get this fish to eat the tank has 2 fx6 external canisters running on it and I know that’s way over kill but i have them so I’m using them and I’ve tried literally all types of food and all different way and he’ll even swim up to me and act hungry somtimes but won’t touch anything I give him. He’s been hanging out with 5 crayfish and 4 goldfish in his tank for 3 days now I’m very worried?
A large fish like urs will have periods of not eating. Personally wouldn’t keep a crayfish or goldfish with the curupira. It could be stressing out the fish.

Monsterkeeper0223

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2020
A large fish like urs will have periods of not eating. Personally wouldn’t keep a crayfish or goldfish with the curupira. It could be stressing out the fish.
The problem is why isn’t he eating them or even at least killing them because he’s that the type of fish he is?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The problem is why isn’t he eating them or even at least killing them because he’s that the type of fish he is?
Most of the time the wolf should and may eventually eat/kill the tankmates. I wouldn’t worry too much about that. I’d make sure the crayfish isn’t stressing out the wolf. If the fish is acting normal and it should eventually eat. I’d provide clean water. I’d move that tankmates but that’s just my opinion and wait it out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store