125 American cichlid tank.

Lukashill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2018
So at the moment I feel like my tank is complete but I'm going to list off the set up and the fish and tell me if you guys would change anything set up or stocking wise.

125 6ft tank. With a fx6, 2 aquaclear 110's, biowheel 350, and a large sponge filter. Lots of rocks and 5 caves. That can fit large fish. And a bubble wall.

Fish(these fish have all grown together so far): 1-7in tiger oscar, 1-5in green terror, 1-5in JD, 1-6in severum, 1-4in firemouth, and 3-3in femal convicts.

As of now most fish are peaceful to each other. Other than the 3 convicts chase each other around and the green terror chases them a little until they gang up on him. But no fin nipping or traping them in the corner. I do have a 75 gal with two aq110s on idle incase a incident goes down.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Sounds like good filtration on the tank, stock is on heavier side but I don't think it's too bad. I would just leave the 75 empty in case you have trouble when the fish get large, which is almost inevitable with ca/sa cichlids.

Lukashill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2018
Yea it was their old tank. Well some of them. I'm just keeping it running right now. Been running for 6 months. With a few platys in it so it's not boring.

Lukashill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2018
But I figured I got a 50/50 shot one of them will say enough. My oscar is the biggest wimp thought but I love him.

Reactions: Go_redfish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store