125 gallon with venustas?

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
yes at least 1... but what's the length of the tank ? 6' long? what filter ? any other tank mates?

GrapeGuy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2019
I don't have any africans in yet but I wanted to know when it comes time to buy. The tank is 73.5 inches long and the filter is an fx4.

Reactions: BichirKing

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
you do know these are larger cichlids and their temperments vary from fish to fish. I had a venustas that was fine in a mixed 180g until he became the biggest fish then he beat on his tank mates until I could rehome him. most people will tell you 1 male to 2-3 females to spread out the aggression. that's where I think you should be. if you wanted all males be prepared for when there will be issues like another large tank, rehoming , turn back in to the lfs etc...

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
most haps yes. I avoid peacocks because in my experience theyre very bipolar and without a lot of fish to spread the aggression around they can really kill off your stock. you'd also need more filter for a heavily stocked peacock or hap tank. others may chime in with other opinions. I had a nice 180g with tons of rocks and caves and still had problems with peacocks. I eventually ended up with just haps.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
I mixed the peacocks and haps with no issues I would recommend getting different colors which will help with aggression and also overstock the tank and filtration.

Reactions: BichirKing
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store