Middle Atlantic Coast
State
New York
Pickup or shipping
Shipping or Pickup
Potential Breeding Group of L236 - 13 Fish, Unsexed:

Sizes TL
: 2 x 3.00”, 2.75+”, 4 x 2.75”, 2.50+”, 2 x 2.50”, 2 x 2.25”, 2.00”
(+ means the fish is over that length but not at the next ¼ inch interval)
Born & raised in my tanks: pH 7.0, TDS low 80s ppm, temp. 82-86 F.
The largest 7 fish could be ready to spawn almost any time from here on out.

Price: $850.00
(I will donate $85 from the above to any fish club, site or any fish related organization relevant to the hobby which normally accepts donations. You designate this at the time of purchase and may be asked to provide contact info.)

Post Sale Support is available for the next year unless I am unable for health reasons including death (mine not the fish as I am sworn not to reveal how to spawn dead fish).

Contact Info Via Site PM or via email> twotankamin at protonmail dot com.
(I do not own a smart phone and do not text.)

Pictures shot in a 2.5 gal. photo tank in 3 groups: 5/4/4. The fish don’t hold still & I am a poor photographer. I was unable to shoot all the fish in groups A or C together, I did for B. There aren’t pics of all 13. I think there are at least 11 plus one pic of all 13 in a bucket.

Group A 2.00 to 3.00
TR236Apic1.jpg TR236Apic2.jpgTR236Apic3.jpg

Group B 2.50+ to 3.00
TR236Bpic3.jpg

Group C 2.25 to 2.75
TR236Cpic1.jpgTR236Cpic2.jpgTR236Cpic3.jpg

They can be Picked Up in zip code 10549 (about 40 mi NNE of Manhattan, NYC). They are in a tank on our screened terrace= 3 walls are screens- it is essentially outdoors. Only I and my brother live here- we are both fully vaccinated re Covid.

A Neet may be possible depending on the distance.

I can only ship if you can email me a shipping label I can print. It must be for a major shipper with an account cleared to ship fish. I will supply the box dimensions, weight and my needed info. You handle shipping charges. I offer the standard live arrival guarantee if you use FedEx or UPS. I can ship USPS Express Mail, but I cannot guarantee live arrival with them.

This listing is exclusively posted on this site and is valid until midnight EST Sunday Sept. 5. At that time the fish may be relisted at a different proce than the above and the offering will no longer be exclusive to this site. It is possible the group will be divided into separate offerings of 6 and 7 fish.

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
Oops, I forgot the bucket pic

TR236bucketpic.jpg

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
Bump.

I need to sell a bunch of my fish, I will list these elsewhere if they do not sell here. If folks are interested I can list a smaller sized group of 236 (both fewer fish and a smaller size) or a group of L173?

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Cross post them anywhere you want no rules about staying on one site. I think cataylism is coming up for Madison WI so post a classifieds on Madison fish group? And planet catfish?

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
I am listing fish on a few sites on which I post and which I think will interest the members. This includes PC. I am offering things for what I hope are good prices.
The above fish will likely be listed for more than the above elsewhere. The group may be broken into two. i have plenty of fish being offered a variety of places. I have not sold fish to speak of since about march 2020. Covid- my fish did not stop growing out nor did they stop spawning.

At this time I am not shipping fish unless the buyer provides the way. I can pack them up great, I have no shipping account.

So, I will do the following. If anybody is interested between now and the next 44 or so hours, I will drop the price by $100

Price: $750.00
(I will donate $75 from the above to any fish club, site or any fish related organization relevant to the hobby which normally accepts donations. You designate this at the time of purchase and may be asked to provide contact info.)

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
I have an actively spawning group of RB super whites. However, they only began spawning for me earlier this year and the offspring are too small for me to sell them. My rule of thumb is the fish must be at least 1.5 in TL and at least 6 months old. However, I believe it is better with 236 regulars or super whites to buy them larger if possible. These fish morph a lot as they grow. It is difficult to determine how one may turn out at 3 inches when it is only an an inch or 1.5 inches in size, Also 236 are variable to begin with. In any given spawn there will be a decent variety in how they look. You might even think a single spawn did not come from the same parents.

Therefore, it really helps if you can see the breeders to get some idea of what the adult appearance might be. Also, 236 when very young show more white. As they age the black will expand and there will usually be less white.

Onlt 12 hours left if anybody wants the fish in this thread.

Bacchus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2012
Maryland
I have an actively spawning group of RB super whites. However, they only began spawning for me earlier this year and the offspring are too small for me to sell them. My rule of thumb is the fish must be at least 1.5 in TL and at least 6 months old. However, I believe it is better with 236 regulars or super whites to buy them larger if possible. These fish morph a lot as they grow. It is difficult to determine how one may turn out at 3 inches when it is only an an inch or 1.5 inches in size, Also 236 are variable to begin with. In any given spawn there will be a decent variety in how they look. You might even think a single spawn did not come from the same parents.

Therefore, it really helps if you can see the breeders to get some idea of what the adult appearance might be. Also, 236 when very young show more white. As they age the black will expand and there will usually be less white.

Onlt 12 hours left if anybody wants the fish in this thread.
Awesome, thank you for replying. Do you have a waiting list? I totally agree on getting them as large as possible due to the variability.

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
This listing has expired and is no longer available as a single group.

I am sorry to see nobody took advantage of this. These are pretty fish at a decent price for the size. I am willing to take another shot and post some 173s if there is any interest or I can list a group of Budrovcan line 236? I could also list the fish in this thread in a smaller group than 13?

Bacchus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2012
Maryland
This listing has expired and is no longer available as a single group.

I am sorry to see nobody took advantage of this. These are pretty fish at a decent price for the size. I am willing to take another shot and post some 173s if there is any interest or I can list a group of Budrovcan line 236? I could also list the fish in this thread in a smaller group than 13?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store