180 bracing help

Harveyj32

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hey all, I just picked up a all glass 1/2 thick 180 gallon tank the bottom bracing is gone and the top plastic bracing is broken. I can not find anyone that carries frames for that size I am kinda new at the diy stuff but I'm capable of making my own things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Post pictures and the measurements as that should help get more useful advice. I'd expect someone has had to replace or repair the bracing before.

Preacher

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
west tennessee
Check with glass cages in Dickson Tennessee they use to would make one I don’t know if they still do or not. Also if the tank has a manufacture name in the middle of the tank on the inside of the lip or one the bottom of the tank they may have on on stock. Would check there first.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Hey all, I just picked up a all glass 1/2 thick 180 gallon tank the bottom bracing is gone and the top plastic bracing is broken. I can not find anyone that carries frames for that size I am kinda new at the diy stuff but I'm capable of making my own things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The bracing is gone, or the plastic trim? I've never had a tank with plastic trim on it, but I thought it was basically cosmetic?

hibackgoldaro

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2018
Toronto, ON
180g tank holds a lot of water and pressure when filled...pretty important to have proper bracing in the tank to keep it from bowing or even exploding over time...i would get someone that is experienced in tank making and get them to add some new euro bracing into the tank...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store