180 g Acrylic set up

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Thank you for reassuring me about the wet-dry. The pump is rated for 1900gph at max power and on about 60% power right now. The returns are 1" inch and the lock line pipes are 3/4 inch. There are two separate overflow boxes, but all are hooked up to the same wet dry. The returns come together into a T and then go through the wet-dry. Water is pumped out through the pump and then splits to each overflow. How do I figure out what the flow rate is and how much I need? So if they are 1inch drains hooked together, then no more than 600 gph? Sorry I just want to make sure I understand. Thank you for taking the time to look at this with me.
Yes if you have a final size of only 1" then 600gph should be about max. But.....under pressure or full syphon 1" can handle about 1000gph but that is risky without some sort of emergency drain.

If it were me I'd try (no I wouldn't, I'd do it) to split it to two drains into the wet dry. That would require you to modify the wet dry though.
To be honest I think you will be fine. If it's working good now I'd leave it alone. Maybe add a power head or wave maker if you really think you need it. You'll have to wait to see if you have enough filtration at your current level of setting once everyone is in for a bit. I'd guess yes. Like I said before wet dry are very efficient filters they destroy ammonia and nitrite. Wetdrys are kind of like a static k1 filter or maybe reverse is a better way to say it..... anyway high O2 contact and water constantly washing away weak bacteria so only the strongest is able to survive and stay on the media.
If there is room maybe throw a couple bags of some biomedia in the sump part like rings or lava rock or something.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
That is the closest version of my orp meter I can currently find. Seems more expensive now but it's been a while. Mine doesn't do temp.

There are super cheap ones on Amazon. I don't know how well they work.
I don't think you need to worry about this though.
Aim your returns at the surface to get more surface movement. That what the locline is for to allow for articulation.

Reactions: clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Yes if you have a final size of only 1" then 600gph should be about max. But.....under pressure or full syphon 1" can handle about 1000gph but that is risky without some sort of emergency drain.

If it were me I'd try (no I wouldn't, I'd do it) to split it to two drains into the wet dry. That would require you to modify the wet dry though.
To be honest I think you will be fine. If it's working good now I'd leave it alone. Maybe add a power head or wave maker if you really think you need it. You'll have to wait to see if you have enough filtration at your current level of setting once everyone is in for a bit. I'd guess yes. Like I said before wet dry are very efficient filters they destroy ammonia and nitrite. Wetdrys are kind of like a static k1 filter or maybe reverse is a better way to say it..... anyway high O2 contact and water constantly washing away weak bacteria so only the strongest is able to survive and stay on the media.
If there is room maybe throw a couple bags of some biomedia in the sump part like rings or lava rock or something.
I'm laughing at the "I'd try ( no I wouldn't, I'd do it)" part. Hahaha. You are certainly capable and skilled at doing mods. Me not so much :p. I greatly appreciate your opinion and guidance. I think I will keep it how it is now and add some bio media. Then maybe a wavemaker or powerhead, if needed as suggested.

Next, I just need to figure out the lighting situation. Do you have T5s on any of your tanks? My plan is to get the tank set up with plants and then put the fish in. When I last had a del, she TORE UP the plants I had. In hopes of getting two delhezis, I want to make sure the plants have a chance.
That is the closest version of my orp meter I can currently find. Seems more expensive now but it's been a while. Mine doesn't do temp.

There are super cheap ones on Amazon. I don't know how well they work.
I don't think you need to worry about this though.
Aim your returns at the surface to get more surface movement. That what the locline is for to allow for articulation.
If you don't think I need to worry about this at this time, I'll hold off for now. Thank you for supplying the link too.

In regards to the loclines...see this is why I ask questions lol.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I'm laughing at the "I'd try ( no I wouldn't, I'd do it)" part. Hahaha. You are certainly capable and skilled at doing mods. Me not so much :p. I greatly appreciate your opinion and guidance. I think I will keep it how it is now and add some bio media. Then maybe a wavemaker or powerhead, if needed as suggested.

Next, I just need to figure out the lighting situation. Do you have T5s on any of your tanks? My plan is to get the tank set up with plants and then put the fish in. When I last had a del, she TORE UP the plants I had. In hopes of getting two delhezis, I want to make sure the plants have a chance.

If you don't think I need to worry about this at this time, I'll hold off for now. Thank you for supplying the link too.

In regards to the loclines...see this is why I ask questions lol.
I used t5ho for a long time on my reefs. I have a few I use now. But I've replaced the standard bulbs with led grow bulbs, still t5 just white blue and uv LEDs. I think those are sunlight supply isuns.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store