180 gallon stocking idea

MizzterBlizzard

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2017
Ok, as some of you know, im getting a 180 gallon aquarium very soon and here are my plans for stalking it. I want to know if all these fish are compatilble. 1 silver arowana, i kniw the tank wont work with him for life, 1 blacj ghost knife fish, 5 angelfish, 4 silver dollars, 3 clown loach, 1 rainbow shark, and an african knife fish! Will it work?

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
I think but I would have 7 silver dollars the bigger the group the better and 4 is a little small imo
also when clown loaches which will take a few years get big it may be a little over stocked but if you get rid of the srowana you should be fine

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
1. Skip the aro unless you have a big tank NOW and are just growing it out. 2 choose your pack fish either clowns or dollars and get 7-8. I would choose the clowns because they are great scavengers, you will never have a snail problem, and will get along great with the rainbow shark(almost like accepting it into the pack). If you like the dollars go for it but they need #s to feel secure and not be skittish(in a 6ft tank with plenty of space to build up speed this could be dangerous for them and other fish) 3. BGKs usually don't like other knives. Go ahead with the African, just watch for fighting between the two, damage from a fight can quickly go bad on knives.

My .02 take it as you will.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store