1st Trimac update: One week, One pair, One spawn??

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hey Black Tuna Black Tuna ,
Nice Trimacs and video you have there. Love me some Trimacs lol. That's one fish I would like to keep one day. They look great. How's the aggression in that tank?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Black Tuna Black Tuna , great project you have going!

I just started up a growout project myself with six F1 Rio Niltepec trimacs. For me I am looking for just one solo male bruiser. While I like my batch of fish, I found one that caught my eye right away. It has nice 'flowers' and my favorite characteristic the 'teardrop' eye marking. Only one out of my six seems to have this. Out of your group I noticed the male breeder seems to have a little of that 'teardrop' and I saw another that it was just a little bit more distinguishable but really could not see the rest to compare.

This is my future bruiser...
1C06E02D-D12F-4FAF-9229-AF54C4DDFAF6.jpeg

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
Hey Black Tuna Black Tuna ,
Nice Trimacs and video you have there. Love me some Trimacs lol. That's one fish I would like to keep one day. They look great. How's the aggression in that tank?
Thank you. They're aggression so far is about normal for ca cichlids. Going to have to thin the group out soon though

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
Black Tuna Black Tuna , great project you have going!

I just started up a growout project myself with six F1 Rio Niltepec trimacs. For me I am looking for just one solo male bruiser. While I like my batch of fish, I found one that caught my eye right away. It has nice 'flowers' and my favorite characteristic the 'teardrop' eye marking. Only one out of my six seems to have this. Out of your group I noticed the male breeder seems to have a little of that 'teardrop' and I saw another that it was just a little bit more distinguishable but really could not see the rest to compare.

This is my future bruiser...
View attachment 1456349
Very nice male, love his markings. Please continue to post progress updates on him.

Reactions: Bbuckley and DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Very nice male, love his markings. Please continue to post progress updates on him.
Thank you, I started up a thread on the Rio Niltepec trimac. Super curious to see how they turn out.

Having raised up a bunch of other amphs together in the midas/red devil complex I never saw the level of aggression that seems as common with the trimac. Granted I only started with six trimac instead of the ten of the previous other amphs but wow, they just all go at each other. Lots of scrapes and tears in fins with these guys. Im going to likely set up dividers so the fish can heal and then I can start to rehome a few until I decide who to keep.

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
Thank you, I started up a thread on the Rio Niltepec trimac. Super curious to see how they turn out.

Having raised up a bunch of other amphs together in the midas/red devil complex I never saw the level of aggression that seems as common with the trimac. Granted I only started with six trimac instead of the ten of the previous other amphs but wow, they just all go at each other. Lots of scrapes and tears in fins with these guys. Im going to likely set up dividers so the fish can heal and then I can start to rehome a few until I decide who to keep.
I'll definitely check it out

Reactions: DMD123 and Bbuckley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store