MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
But............if you guys and gals would let me self indulge for a moment....I honestly thought the other displays were brilliant, regardless of tank size and or occupants. From purely a perspective of beauty, I lost ............ handily ........I might have had the biggest fish and tank, but I'm not exactly sure thats what drew me to this site in the first place. If all 3 tanks were there same volume as mine, the other 2 finalists would have wiped the floor with my tank. No question...................

MFK drew me here because I was interested in setting up the biggest tank I ever had, with the largest cichlids I had ever kept, but far smaller than what the majority on this site are passionate about keeping.......and I completely understand that.... I came for knowledge and got it in spades...... Ive learned more from this site than any other site I'm
a member of because, being species specific is confining and I learn from those who keep tanks, as well as fish......and sometimes the tank and system itself is the means to an end.

Monsterfishkeeping is about pushing the envelope and a shrimp display pushes the envelope just as far as a giant tank with no scape or thought housing giant fish. Nothing wrong with either way......Just pointing out that a thoughtfully aquascaped tank took as much thought as it took to buy or build the largest system you can acquire and stuff it with ginormous fish. Ginormous fish don't require the upkeep and time as carefully aquascaped tank does, so I assure you..........it all works out in the end.......

Monsterfishkeeping does not confine itself to monster fish. If it does, or will, it will fail. Pushing the envelope is a relative term. Pushing the envelope in an advanced drain system is just as monster as keeping an arapaima in your house..........to split hairs over what defines our hobby lessens all of us and we all lose at the end of the day. This site is about sharing knowledge, good or bad, to keep other hobbyists from making those same mistakes and pushing the hobby forward........sharing knowledge....

Ive only been here a few years, but have learned so much in such a short amount of time. That........is pretty Monster to me.

Mo Devln gave me the best piece of advice I've ever received..........When I asked about what parachromis should I add to my 300........he quickly responded ...." None.....You're already overstocked"........... that advice is the best I've ever received since keeping New Worlds......

I came here because this site pushed the envelope in every way possible. Thinking included........
Best acceptance speech ever! That was really well put. Not only is your tank gorgeous, but the pix of your fish speak for themselves. The colors on those Festae are insane.

Congrats John! Well deserved!

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Best acceptance speech ever! That was really well put. Not only is your tank gorgeous, but the pix of your fish speak for themselves. The colors on those Festae are insane.

Congrats John! Well deserved!
great tank, what I am striving for.
congrats John! That festae pair is stunning.
Great tank. Congrats.
Thanks so much everyone! The Festae are definitely happy it seems.

Tank has been so much fun to keep and watching them parenting is just too cool. They are spawning machines as of late.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Well done bud, well deserved... shows you dont need expensive fish and rooms that are tanks to be the best!-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store