240G Planning

Iskar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2021
Hi All,

I've been a casual viewer of this forum for a while now, currently my max size tank is a 120g with Haps/Peacocks and have been fishkeeping for around 6 years now.

I have recently just ordered a 240g 96x24x24 dream tank, will be with me in about 5-6 months so time to start planning!

I Have been toying with the idea of SA/CA Cichlids instead of the Predator Haps I was initially thinking about as the water I get from the tap is extremely soft (3 Kdh and around 5dGh, PH a neutral 7 that drops to around 6.5 in the tank) and seems perfect for SA/CA, right now I buffer my water a bit for the Africans.

I recently saw a Red Pike Cichlid (Crenicichla sp. ‘Atabapo II’) recently and it was love at first sight, I have to have one of these now so its definately going to be a SA/CA!

I've come here for some input, I will be planning around this Pike and would like some tank mates to go with him/her. I would like to have a group of Geos, but the size concerns me as I dont want them to be a quick meal! Would altifrons be large enough to not fall prey to him? I was thinking of getting the geos soon and letting them grow on and then establish in the tank first before adding the pike (Will likely be hard for me to even get hold of here in the UK!).

What else would you reccomend? I would like to own an Oscar but not sure if that would work, a true Parrot Cichlid would be cool! Any Catfish beyond a Common Pleco that would be suitable?

Thank you for the help.

Iskar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2021
Sorry, I've just realised there is an entire forum for Pike Cichlids. Would a Mod move this thread please?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store