29g Need ideas

OscarHook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2005
Arkansas
I am going with a 29g live plants, angelfish/clown loach tank, with a greek decoration on one side. I am confused on what type of gravel to get though, should i go color? i already have black gravel in one tank and green in another and i dont like having to o much of the same color. Also i was wondering what plants are good with Angelfish? I want a moss to cover the bottom and decor, but dont no if it will work. Plz let me know guys,

P.S. I get 30% off today at petsmart so i going on a small spending spree. :headbang2

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
All plants are good with angels, I like corkscrew vals and sagitarias, a couple big cryptocormes look great with them as well. I just like a natural looking gravel with some darker gravel mixed in to tone it down.

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Get play sand. It is kinda a bright white color. I like the looks of it in my tank, but experiment if u want. It is also really cheap.

Chad

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Go with the natural gravel if you are doing the moss covered look.Is java moss the plant name you are looking for?would cover driftwood nicely,driftwood/bogwood will lower your ph good for angelfish.

Btw clown loahces get way too big for a 29 gal about 12" and need to be in groups of 5 or more

OscarHook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2005
Arkansas
i will post a pick of the tank when it gets finished i went with white gravel and some larger polished stones! I also have a greek sanctuary( circular) on one side and will have plants scattered throughout. I know the Clown Loaches get to be a foot and i have 5 of them! This tank is temporary for these fish as they will move into the 55G once i get the Oscars giant tank :WHOA:

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
I personally would use sand in that set up plants will love it, clowns will love it cuz their barbels will not get ground down and the angels won't care!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store