3 atlantic stingrays for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
they look nice. do they do well in captivity? think you have to post a price and a ono if you want

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
would they survive in brakish water for life?
Yes, these rays are adaptable to brackish. There's even a freshwater population in the St Johns River. However, in fresh or brackish conditions, maintenance is pretty involved since these rays will put out up to 10 times more urea than they do in marine conditions. That much output also requires 10 times the intake of water. And, that water they take in has to be clean and as pure as possible.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
ok cheers. would they work with other brackish fish then, like large archers, tile moray, monos and scats?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
ok cheers. would they work with other brackish fish then, like large archers, tile moray, monos and scats?
I've kept Dasyatis sabina before and because of their enormous maintenance requirements, I never thought to add other fish to their setup. However, everything on your list would become food with the exception of full grown scats.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
While I was in Nebraska I saw a pair of Atlantic Rays that were in pure fresh, they had had them in fresh for over 2.5 months, so they were converted. They were wanting $200 for both, plus they were large, so I couldn't of gotten them, sorry bro. Knew you liked them...:(

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i have seen these in full fresh water... nice animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store