3 new soon to be monsters.

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
fanoftheman3dei said:
if you can get your lfs to order from here this is the web site mine orders from sunpet.com just go there and hit the button guest sign in and it will show you all the fish they have and it takes a couple of mins to download all the thumbs.only pet stores and dealers can order from there.

thank u sunpet has a great suplpy... i may use them someday

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
From your pictures it would seem that you have a Batrachomoeus trispinosus (a toadfish that is sold as the FW lionfish), it is one of the larger ones and sometimes reaches one foot in length. It has venomous spines that can cause a wound that hurts for days. It can eat fish more than 1/2 it's own length and likes hiding and perching spots, not real active and somewhat nocturnal, it is adabtable but prefers brackish water 1 tablespoon salt per gallon is recomended for best health and growth), it has a tendency to get fin rot and fungal problems if kept in full freshwater. Even 1 tbs salt/5 g will help.
The morgunda sand goby is probably a Oxyeleotris marmorata (also called a marble goby). it is also very adaptable and can live in full FW with no problems. They don't move much but sometimes bury themselves, when they feed or you try to catch one they are very fast. They like a little salt (1 tbs/5 g is fine), They can reach 26". They eat anything and everything. including trying the occassional finger, I once had on that ate an 8" LMB when it was only 10".
The TSN gets large, 40" is not that unusual, and can go from 2" to 15" in less then 10 months

msouth468

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2006
Iowa
Cool pictures

SteveO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2005
PGH
Very well put Guppy...
They are brackish fish that DO NEED SALT!!! No toadfish, moray, lionfish is true freshwater... They live in estuaries where there is a concentration of salt. People with their "freshwater" lionfish and "freshwater" morays are simply misinformed and do not read up on their findings before buying.

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
fanoftheman3dei said:
the size on the sand goby and the shovelnose is about 12 to 24inchs and the lion is about 8 to 9 i believe. i think the goby is a zebra eater i have a couple missing and he is awefull fat.
that tsn is going to be much bigger than 24 inches

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
like guppy said

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store