300 gallon rhom tank.

lunsforj

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2009
corvallis, OR
So I recently got rid of my cichla intermedia that I had kept for about three years. I then turned their 300 into a lake Nicaragua tank with midas cichlids, convicts and nicaraguense. Everything began to spawn and it was hectic and even though I liked watching it all go down i got kinda bored with it eventually.

I have always been interested in piranha and kept 8 natteri in a 125 in college. That was a terrible experiment as my roommates would buy pinky mice when I was in class and then I would come home to aquarium soup.

A long time has passed and my local fish store got in a rhom. I wasn't that interested because most piranhas had been a let down up until this point. This guy was no exception. I visited a few more times throughout the next couple weeks. On my latest visit I noticed the rhom, in his same 10 gallon tank, not cowering but very attentive. I ran my finger across the glass. The little 4.5 inch fish began to chase my finger furiously. I became pretty interested at that point. The LFS wanted $300 which seemed pretty steep.

I asked about where the owner had got it and he said a guy bought it from a vendor in New York as a yellow rhom. Supposedly a rare rhombeus. I asked what the lowest price the owner would take for it and he said $225. I bought it.

I have spent a lot of time combing internet to get any local information on my fish. Perhaps I'm better off just posting some pics and having you guys weigh in. J appreciate any input.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store