330 gallon Central American cichlid community progress

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
hi guys so I just started getting some fish into the tank and figured I'd share my progress! I'd like to thank Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 for all the help he's been to me in the past coming up with stocking and answering all my questions that I had for being relatively new to cichlids.

So the tank is a 84x30x30 which is 330 gallons

Stocking will consist of
1 Vieja Synspilum
10 Thorichthys Meeki
10 Thorichthys Pasionis
10 Buenos Aires tetras
5 Baka sharks (had two from a previous tank and just couldn't part with them)

Thought about adding some Congo tetras but didn't want to over do it so I will wait and see.

But so far I just added the 10 meeki and 10 Buenos Aires tetras. Here's some pics of the tank. Sorry crappy cell phone quality

IMG_3161.JPG

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_3165.JPG

IMG_3166.JPG

IMG_3167.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3169.JPG

IMG_3170.JPG

IMG_3171.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Your tank looks great.I really like it.
Lots of thought and planning are finally paying off for you.
I look forward to seeing the other stock go in there.

It's been a pleasure helping out with your queries. It's also refreshing to see someone determined to stock a large tank sensibly and consider the needs of the fish.

I love the look of the tank and it can only get better and better.Great job!

If I can be of further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.
I look forward to updates and lots more pictures to come.

Beautiful set up.

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Your tank looks great.I really like it.
Lots of thought and planning are finally paying off for you.
I look forward to seeing the other stock go in there.

It's been a pleasure helping out with your queries. It's also refreshing to see someone determined to stock a large tank sensibly and consider the needs of the fish.

I love the look of the tank and it can only get better and better.Great job!

If I can be of further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.
I look forward to updates and lots more pictures to come.

Beautiful set up.
Thanks I appreciate it! It felt like to much planning after a while but its all coming together finally. Now I just need to find Thorichthys Pasionis. Shipping is crazy here since the only ones I can find are located on the other side of the country.

Hopefully I can get better at taking some pictures for you guys especially once they get bigger.

Lovely looking tank. Am sure your fishes will love it and so will you :)

Any fancy plecos going in?
Thank you! I already love it. Itching to get more fish in. But since the tank is acrylic I decided on not putting in any plecos just in case.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Thanks I appreciate it! It felt like to much planning after a while but its all coming together finally. Now I just need to find Thorichthys Pasionis. Shipping is crazy here since the only ones I can find are located on the other side of the country.

Hopefully I can get better at taking some pictures for you guys especially once they get bigger.

Thank you! I already love it. Itching to get more fish in. But since the tank is acrylic I decided on not putting in any plecos just in case.
Perfect stock and awesome aquascape, I love this tank. You should maybe hold out on the Pasionis as I know that Jeff Rapps gets them in on occasion. Ordering from him will certainly help shipping costs.

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Perfect stock and awesome aquascape, I love this tank. You should maybe hold out on the Pasionis as I know that Jeff Rapps gets them in on occasion. Ordering from him will certainly help shipping costs.
Thank you!

And you read my mind. I am already going to be getting the synspilum from him. I shot him an email yesterday afternoon if he knew when he would have them back in stock again.

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Thank you!

And you read my mind. I am already going to be getting the synspilum from him. I shot him an email yesterday afternoon if he knew when he would have them back in stock again.
He's great about getting back to people, sorry not sure if you've ordered from him or not, and if you ask him when he's going to get something in I swear something clicks in his brain and he will look for it. It might take a while but his stock is worth waiting for too

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
He's great about getting back to people, sorry not sure if you've ordered from him or not, and if you ask him when he's going to get something in I swear something clicks in his brain and he will look for it. It might take a while but his stock is worth waiting for too
ive been going back and forth with him this morning. Decided on going for a pair of synspilum which he is going to vent-sex for me. Will be here friday afternoon! But he said that he should be getting some pasionis probably in the next month from rusty so fingers crossed

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store