35 gallon aquascape

Aqua Nut

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
I was asked to post up my tank and talk a little bit about it.
So to start off this was my first real planted tank that i built with a good friend of mine.
I posted a link below with a few photos
https://imgur.com/gallery/pSuZS

The equipment used

Lighting i am using a Maxspect Ethereal fixture x2
I have a aquatic FX 3d background
Cobalt 50 watt slim heater
Seachem Fluorite Red
Thrive all in one fertilizer by NilocG
Filtration will be upgraded real soon so the HOB and 2 internal filters will be removed.

The Plants

Staurogyne Repens
Rotala Rotundifolia
Ludwigia Repens
Hydrocotyle Tripartita sp Japan
Heteranthera Zosterifolia (Stargrass)
Bucephalandra Iris Brownie
Trident Java Fern
Anubias nana
Pearl Weed
Java Moss
Flame Moss
Spiky Moss
Java fern

Fish

Pair of GBR
3 Bristlenose Pleco
100 plus Red cherry Shrimp

Reactions: tarheel96

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
Careful keeping plecos with plants. A couple weeks after adding this tiny bristlenose to my 29 gl planted tank he suddenly started eating my H. corymbosa. He did all this damage in only 2 days.

20170418_132436-1632x1224.jpg
20170418_131537-1632x1224.jpg

Reactions: Aqua Nut

Aqua Nut

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
Oh dang did they ever do a number on them Mike. These guys are going in my 75 gallon as soon as they wont get eaten but they have been in there for about 4 months now and no damage yet.

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
He didn't touch the Ludwigia as far as I could tell. At the time, those were the only two plants in there. Maybe H. Corymbosa is tasty? Idk. But I think yours would have discovered that your plants might be a food source by now so you're probably ok.

I had actually thought this pleco was dead. I saw all the tiger barbs fighting over something and I figured it was this bristlenose but it was just another tiger barb apparently.

Aqua Nut

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
Dang that really sucks guys. I have tons of wood in my tank and always have a kelp wafer in there or some veggies for them to eat. I may even be over feeding my Plecos so maybe that is why they are not destroying the plants. They do mess up my Hydrocotyle Tripartita but that is just due to them uprooting it as they swim through. If i see anything like that though i will pull them out asap. I have 3 other tanks i can throw them where they wont get eaten.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Looks good!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nicely grown in, I'm building a similar size tank to scape as well, 30" x 16" x 16" :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store