37 gallon tank

JeffT123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2015
Would a 37 gallon tank be suitable for a single red belly piranha?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
100% agree with convict, no P's are going to be ok in that tank. RBP's do good in shoals anyhow.

Exodons are your best bet I'd say for a piranha-esque fish that will fit in that tank. They love being crowded together so you could fit quite a few in there I'd say.

Siso

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Israel
No,
They also live band.

BellycrawlerJaws

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, New York
Tiger barbs are a more readily available alternative to exodons too, my group feed like piranhas and are super cheap. Only con is that they tend to pick off the weak ones in the shoal every few months.

chazwood918

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2012
CT
I normally hate when people post questions and are given grim responses because the general assumption is that more times than not, people don't know how to properly care for their fish. That said however, a piranha really is a very difficult choice. They get large, they're extremely aggressive, and because of these things: the only realistic tankmates would need to be monsters. Meaning you cannot do anything in a 37g setup.

In all honesty, because there's so little you can do with piranhas, I would agree with every post above. Go with something else: afterall we can all offer a ton of options for things you may not even realize are freshwater options.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
A lone Sanchezi might work, max size of 6 inch iirc?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store