Jan 2, 2006
Maine
How did you make the doors?

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
I measured out two large places and on the back drew with a pencil and ruler/level an out line and cut it out with a roto-zip then covered it with chase molding...on the back I used scrap birch sheet pieces with a spacer to make a slot to slide in the bottom and on top two of those pop-in/ out clips at home depote 59cents each works great and they are huge openings to fit both of my monster wet-drys under...I am running 3000gph on the tank with no problems....one is a spinner dual chamber gulf stream wet-dry and the other is a huge single drip plate style with huge charcoal bag plumed in the flow path 100% ...just ready for my fish to get HUGE ....I sure miss my Pbass in my other tank I donated them to the Dallas World Aquarium and got a years free pass fpr me and family Cool monsters I wished I had them in this tank though ;-(

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
I used Popular for the canopy another great wood that looks like deep maple and is cheap...I used 2/4 pine for th etop and bottom 45% with a nice router bit to like just like hand carved crown molding with hand scrapes on all piecies ...thanks again for all the nice comments...

DKS1987

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2007
Tracy, CA
Your stand looks great!!! I should be finsihing mine with in the next day or so. I hope it turns out as good as yours did.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
jjb;772592; said:
I measured out two large places and on the back drew with a pencil and ruler/level an out line and cut it out with a roto-zip then covered it with chase molding...on the back I used scrap birch sheet pieces with a spacer to make a slot to slide in the bottom and on top two of those pop-in/ out clips at home depote 59cents each works great and they are huge openings to fit both of my monster wet-drys under...(
Could you post a picture of what the back side of the door looks like?

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
I can post some tom. when I get pics tonight...If you PM me your e-mail I will give you all the pics you want and answer any questions ....these doors are the way to go... the wood matches, no more hinges and pertruding doors...and they clip on tight as well...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store