40g rimless AIO reef

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Hello MFK
I set this tank up a couple of months back after a move to a new apartment. The tank has been running without a problem since then- I had a 14g reef in my old place which donated a lot of rock and coral for this tank, plus I added some new things. Have about 30lbs of live rock total, and am using a mix of fiji pink and Bimini pink caribsea livesand.

Here's the equipment list:
Tank- Seapora 40 Rimless Crystal Aquarium
Stand- Seapora black/stainless stand
Filtration- Fiji Cube 40gallon AIO Insert (floss, bio-balls, chemi-pure blue)
Light- Relassy LED
Pump- Lifegard Quiet One
Heater- Hygger titanium electric heater 100w (undersized to prevent overheating, room stays warm)
ATO- Tunze Osmolator 3155 (3.5g topfin aquarium as reservoir)
Powerhead- Jebao w/controller
Power- Geeni wifi powerstrip (app controlled power w/ timers)

Livestock:
Lots of coral of all types
Fijian Mimic Filefish
Misbar Clownfish
Orchid Dottyback
Scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp
Some various crabs and snails, etc.

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image0.jpg

image7.jpg

image3.jpg

image6.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Lots of future plans for this tank, will be updating!
-GS

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Sweet rig swami. Ive been really curious about those seapora tanks. Everything ive read has said they are great quality for the price. Also curious about those heaters and lights.

Nice stocking as well.
Thanks, I am very happy with the seapora tank. Glass is thick and clear, silicon was well done, no leaks or anything. And the tank+stand combo was under 300$, cant beat it
the heater is nice and seems to work well, I have only had it a couple months so not sure of the longevity but they are used by a bunch of reef guys. The light I wouldn't recommend to others tbh- the light spectrum isn't perfect IMO and also I have heard the smaller LEDs it uses will only have a life of about a year. It was only lie 80$ so no sweat, but I will be upgrading light in the future.

Awesome setup. Is that a Tridacna Clam?
Thanks mr lindsey, I think what you are actually looking at is a lobophylla coral that I have sitting in a giant snail shell. My parents went to the Caribbean last year and brought back some huge shells so I've used them in my tank.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Quick photo update

reefs7-17-20.jpeg

reef7-17-20.jpeg

Not too much has changed, lost a few stony corals after some parameter swings, and am looking to move towards soft corals only for ease of maintenance. since I have some other tanks and pets to care for now, and a little less time and desire to really be on top of things with the reef.

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
Puffer isnt going after anything?

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Puffer isnt going after anything?
It's actually a fiji mimic filefish, and luckily he has been a model citizen. When I first added him he "taste tested" just about everything, and decided he prefers frozen food & algae sheets to coral. Haven't had any problem since.

Reactions: Ash02
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store