1 Large Green Angel
1 Electric Blue Acara
1 Firemouth
1 Small Pearl gouromi
1 Siamse Algae eater
7 Cory
2 Cupid Cichlids
9 Hatchetfish

Would this be a ok stocking for this size of a tank? Is there anything that could be added or taken away? Would like to add some glass catfish in there some how if possible.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I agree scratch the firemouth, it is central American and would prefer harder water, wheras the rest of your stock is SA (or Asian) and wil prefer softer water. Also the FM will likely be a bit more aggressive than the rest. Your other fish choicesshould be fine.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I agree with others about leaving out the FM, the tank will be too small for it as it grows anyway.
To hold their aggression down they are best kept in a group of other FMs, that would need a much larger tank, somewhere in the 6 ft long range.

Reactions: Nevermore870

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
I agree with others about leaving out the FM, the tank will be too small for it as it grows anyway.
To hold their aggression down they are best kept in a group of other FMs, that would need a much larger tank, somewhere in the 6 ft long range.
+1, exactly what I was going to say. I have a group of 4 (lost one to parasites during QT) in a 125 and personally wouldnt do them in anything less than a 75. A 40B for a pair.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Personally would do something along the lines of:
1 Angelfish
6-12 Marble Hatchets
6+ Cory cats
1 SAE or some oto cats
Maybe some snails
PLANNTTSSS
-----------------OR-------------------
1 EBA
12+ cory cats
1 SAE
A few snails
And a nice school of larger body tetras
-----------------------------------------------------------
Those are just a couple ideas I had but do what is safe for the fish and what YOU enjoy keeping. No point in having the fish if you don't like them.

Reactions: Nevermore870
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store