5-2018 Rare Fish price list, going fast. Hurry up!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Catfish
Brachyplatystoma filamentosum True Suriname giants. These will look different than the ones that are exported via Peru. These have a square head, wide mouth, and turn blue green as they mature. only a handful available, most all spoken for 6-7" $550.00 each
Doras micropoeus - this long faced giant cory looking fish, that swims constantly, sifting sand for food. Color mostly grey to green, but great personality. Can reach aprox 16" in the wild.
7" $175.00 each. Only a few available.

Brachyplatystoma tigrinum - Tigrinus catfish. This iconic fish needs no introduction. Probably one of the most sought after and striking display for a freshwater aquarium. 4" $125.00 each 6" $175.00 each The season is almost over.

Synodontis angelicus 4" captive bred, pure breed. eating well, no disease. Has not been available for many years $75.00 each

Tachysurus cf. ussuriensis - long cat from China, with round face, that is super rare, you'll rarely find these in the USA. can tolerate cold water, will reach 24" plus $100.00 each
These are 6-7" now.
Liobagrus sp. -crazy head catfish from China, max around 7" will hide and eat and hide. but super cool worm like fish. 5" $45.00 each
pseudauchenipterus nodosus - coco soda cat from Suriname. Rarely available in the US. will swim in the current and eat pellets. Max size 14" These are currently 4-5" big., $75.00 each

Cichlids
Crenicichla multispinosa
6" $85.00 each
10" $125.00 each
14" jumbo! $175.00 each
Crenicichla albopunctata 5" $125.00 each
Cichla cf. occelaris "brokopondo" 3" $75.00 each
these have probably evolved separately from the occelaris in Guyana or when they were first described. At this stage they all have uniformed black marking that is found on no other peacock bass species. As they grow to 6", they're covered in white spangles. And as adults, some get this map like pattern on their bodies that is irregular., with red eyes. Their scales are coarse and defined, and body is a dark bronze gold color.
Cichla temensis "rio negro" These are wild temensis from a new location, but part of the Rio negro drainage still. I believe these will grow huge, as my friends have caught and seen some 40 pounders in the area, presumed to be the parents of these fish. 3.5" $65.00 each

Pterophyllum leopoldi - captive bred 3-4" rare elongated angel fish $35.00

Geophagus winemilleri 3-4" body size beautiful markings already. Rarely available, not many around right now $35.00 each
Geophagus sveni 4-5" body size without the tail streamers. The holy grail of colorful geophagus! Super colored up already, for instant gratification
Sold out
Geophagus taeniopareius smaller cousin with stripe on the face. 3-3.5" big right now., max around 6" $35.00 each
Geophagus herrerai
Satanoperca pappaterra - WoW. I didn't realize how nice these are. The have gold flecks on their backs, red eyes and red bottom fins, almost like a marine porgy! 5-6" body, only a few available sold out

Perch like fish

Siniperca chuatsi 8" thick body size $140.00 each good condition

Maccullochella peelii - murray cod. 5" Sold out.
These are captive bred animals. I went to the farm to see them myself, took pictures of some that were about 50 pounds each. they're like true giant freshwater groupers! They are eating pellets
Epinephelus lanceolatus - giant Queensland grouper. Will grow to 8 feet or so max, probably a bit smaller in captivity. Don't worry, these were captive bred animals, otherwise destined for restaurants. So buying them, keeping them, is saving them, even if it means you'll only be able to house them for one year, its still better than them being butchered. 3" babies, very nice markings, can live in brackish, as their parents were grown in brackish. Or you can convert them into marine water, let them think they've made it into the ocean. When small they swim like a clown fish, wagging their tails. sold out

Barbs / Cyprinids

Tor sinensis - a Chinese masheer! 3" big, will eat anything. If you collect masheers, its a must have $55.00 each

Acrossocheilus kreyenbergii -4" super rare Acrossocheilus sp. with pink body and red tail, and black band. will each 8" or so, seems to be peaceful with other fish so far. $75.00 each
these have never been imported before.

Spinibarbus denticulatus - 3" $ 35.00 each. These barbs start turning green with red face and fins around 8-10" and reach a max of 18" just stunning and great peaceful mix in large predatory community., they will hold their own. tolerates wide range of temperatures
Tor putitora 5" $125.00 each The giant masheers of the Himalayan foothill, that can reach 4 feet with bright yellow fins and golden scales that rival that of an Asian arowana. Loaches

Leptobotia micropthalmus - tiny eye loach, max size 4" and these are around 3" big now, they range from orange to pink to brown. Probably live on the bottom of the muddy Yangtze river, with little use of their eyes. We have found a couple albinos in the past. $45.00 each.

Sinibotia pulchra, and robusta, these are active loaches, green zebra like pattern, max size around 6", can tolerate cold water. will eat anything $25.00 each

Homatula potanini 3-4" can grow to 6"
brown ones $15.00 each
pied ones $45.00 each
gold ones / albino / leucistic $75.00 each only a few
these are active swimmers, constantly looking for food, easy to keep. reddish tail, brown body with some black spots. super cool

Characins

Hoplias aimara "suriname giant"
5" $450.00
7" $450.00
12" $650.00
15" $950.00
Hoplias curupira 5-6" super nice size, fat and good quality stuff, wild from Suriname. $125.00 each

the real Dorado True Salminus brasiliensis 6" babies, eating cut fish and training to eat pellets. these have the big round head and will turn bright gold, just arrived with my Argentina plecos, the real deal. Different than the Brazillian imported ones with the pointy face and get less yellow. these are like goliaths of the dorado with a huge mouth that is pretty obvious, don't miss out. $120.00 each, discount for 5 or more

Super rare silver dollar from Suriname
Myloplus rhomboidalis - with black dorsal and silver anal fin 4" body very limited numbers $125.00 each.
Myleus sp. "Black berry" These are A grade ones, with clean black markings and very red fins., about half dollar size $100.00 each.

Bottom dwellers
Corydoras undulatus true 1.25" $35.00 each they turn bronze with gold flecks.
Corydorasy geoffroy 1.75" female only 1 piece. super rare cory
$125.00
Corydoras filamentosus 1.5" $125.00 each Super rare cory.
Corydoras pantanalensis Rare ! 1.75" little swimming gold nuggets! One of the most sought after and colorful cories. These get large! $75.00 each limited supply
Corydoras boesemani 1.5" Suriname wild- these are rare and amazingly marked ! $75.00 each
L134 Leopard frog - Peckoltia compta . Super nice, rare even in the wild or export. These are organic, environmentally friendly, F1. about 2" size $55.00 each
L128 - Blue phantom plecos - blue tail with blue spots on a velvety black body 2" $30.00 each.
Still environmentally friendly :)
Peudacanthicus serratus
4" baby only 1 piece $150.00
8-10" $350.00 each
Hypostomus luteus - new batch, final batch for the year.
Phase 2 15" $650.00 each
Phase 2.5 15" $700.00 each
Phase 2.5 select 16" $800.00 each super nice arowana like scales
Phase 3 15" $850.00 each

Oddballs

Colomesus psittacus
1-2" $75.00 each "under quarantine for 2 wks"

Gymnothorax polyuranodon - I've kept them in pure fresh for years., my customer kept them with discus. Current study states they do not go into Marine water. Some never even enter brackish water. This is one of the only true moray eels that do this. I've had some 48 inch ones in the past. They are currently eating cut fish eagerly.

10-12" $100.00 each
14-16" $150.00 each

Current status: Valid as Gymnothorax polyuranodon (Bleeker 1854). Muraenidae: Muraeninae. Distribution: Indo-West Pacific: Sri Lanka east to Palau and Fiji, north to Philippines and Taiwan, south to northern Australia and New Caledonia. Habitat: freshwater, brackish, marine.

Echidna rhodochilus 12-16" $45.00 each. the white cheek green moray., light brackish preferred from personal experience.
Current status: Valid as Echidna rhodochilus Bleeker 1863. Muraenidae: Muraeninae. Distribution: Indonesia. Habitat: freshwater, brackish, marine.

Neopomacentrus taeniurus 2-3" big, true freshwater damsels. eating pellets and brine shrimp. $45.00 each

Current status: Valid as Neopomacentrus taeniurus (Bleeker 1856). Pomacentridae. Distribution: East Africa and Madagascar east to Vanuatu and New Caledonia, north to Ryukyu Islands. Habitat: freshwater, brackish, marine
Apogon hyalosoma 3-5" big, huge mouth, predatory, prefers pieces of shrimp, and small fish. A true freshwater cardinal fish! $45.00 each Rare if ever offered in the USA.
Current status: Valid as Yarica hyalosoma (Bleeker 1852). Apogonidae: Apogoninae. Distribution: Eastern Indian Ocean, western Pacific: Andaman Sea east to Philippines and Fiji, south to Queensland (Australia) and New Caledonia. Habitat: freshwater, brackish, marine.
Centropomus ensiferus "sword spine snook"
3" $75.00 each
5" $125.00 each
Centropomus nigriscens possible other species
5-7" $175.00 each
Lutjanus goldei - 2.5" the True New Guinea Black Bass, the only one in the USA right now. The famed black bass that can swim and fight forever without tiring. Special inquiry only. One piece available only. First time for us to get this fish.
Adults inhabit large freshwater streams. Not reliably reported from marine habitats but may occur in estuaries. Larval stages are probably marine.
Propterus aethiopicus - giant African lung fish 8" babies $75.00 each

Kuhlia rupestris - red tail kuhlia - a jungle perch, that is often kept with Asian arowanas in Taiwan., can live in salt or freshwater, max size 12" - you won't find these anywhere else in the USA. $35.00 each.
Omobranchus fasciolaticeps - crested tooth blenny. These guys can and may bite your fingers and draw blood from it. One of my favorite, comical interactive fish. Can live from full salt to prolonged times in freshwater, or forever in light brackish. They're found under rocks when the tide goes out, and the water gets super hot or super cold then it turns fresh and then goes to salt. I've caught them many times under rocks with no water at all. 3" buggers $45.00 each. Did I say these are my favorite???

Rhyacichthys aspro - half loach- half goby, will crawl up on glass or dart out of current to catch brine shrimp and black worms. 2-3" $35.00 each max size can reach 6"

We also have access to some of the first captive bred potamotrygon boesemani in the USA. AAA quality high end black diamonds and some wild boesemani rays as well. Can be arranged to be shipped and sold to legal states only. Serious inquiries only

Please email me in a separate email what you want in the title, it will help me not miss out on your order or questions.

email me at amazonaq@gmail.com for serious inquiries.
paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com
shipping via fedex overnight to your door for all smaller fish. runs about $50-75 dollars for most States. Pick up available in Southern California.
live arrival guaranteed.

If this is your first time ordering, please read!

Business policy: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/business-policy-must-read.320235/

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Good stock.

Reactions: fugupuff

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
fugupuff fugupuff Lutjanus goldei - 2.5" the True New Guinea Black Bass, the only one in the USA right now. The famed black bass that can swim and fight forever without tiring. Special inquiry only. One piece available only. First time for us to get this fish.

I've no hope of getting it and don't want to waste your time Wes but out of curiosity, have you figured out how many digits will a price contain? 3? 4? 5?

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
fugupuff fugupuff Lutjanus goldei - 2.5" the True New Guinea Black Bass, the only one in the USA right now. The famed black bass that can swim and fight forever without tiring. Special inquiry only. One piece available only. First time for us to get this fish.

I've no hope of getting it and don't want to waste your time Wes but out of curiosity, have you figured out how many digits will a price contain? 3? 4? 5?
Hey Vic, how are you doing? how are all the fish? need to see some updates. You should join facebook! The new guinea blk bass has been sold already, but a bit over half way towards 4 digit.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The new guinea blk bass has been sold already, but a bit over half way towards 4 digit.
Outstanding,did it go to a member here? I'd like to see how it developes....also,hoping you will be able to reel in some more of those "three spot" orino cichla.I'm still kicking myself for not getting more from your last batch.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Outstanding,did it go to a member here? I'd like to see how it developes....also,hoping you will be able to reel in some more of those "three spot" orino cichla.I'm still kicking myself for not getting more from your last batch.
Yes., they're on facebook.

Oh., the 3 spot Orino, I wonder where they all went...they were nice.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh., the 3 spot Orino, I wonder where they all went...they were nice.
There ate a few out this way.I shoykd have grabbed them all when you had them lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store