Status
Not open for further replies.

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
5-6" M. uranoscopus "Mother of Snails" catfish... Gentle Giant that is not commonly seen in the hobby, like it's more common Doradidae cousin,,, Pseudodoras niger. Very impressive looking when adults... kinda like a "Jurassic Armored Tank" w/ sawblade-like spikes along the sides of it's body!!

Powerful, fiesty, yet, calm and peaceful... can be kept in comm. tanks. Great "clean up" fish... eats anything, sinking pellets, algea wafers, redworms, fd tubifex, fd krill, live/frozen brine, thawed shrimp pieces... ANY left-over food remains it finds!! Please send email or PM if interested. Pickup in N. cali, san jose, bay area. $50 :)

--------------------------
Email:

This particular catfish is perhaps one of the more colourful of the members of the family Doradidae, and is also one of the larger species hence the common names. This catfish is quite often described as being one of the "Tank Busters" due to the fact that it can grow up to 610mm or 24" standard length (from the tip of the snout to the base of the caudal peduncle). The local name given to this fascinating catfish is "Key-way-mamma" which refers to the common name of "mother of the snails". The reason for this common name being due to the fact that when a specimen was examined the intestine was lined with large aquatic snails along its length. Some of you reading this information may be wondering why the scientific name for this fish is not Megalodoras irwini, the reason being that the name has been recently changed and that the old name is now a synonym.
[/QUOTE]

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Phil, if he ships, you'll love it. This species is the only cat I'm taking with me when I move.

nick

Candiru
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
meriden ,ct
those are jsut photos to show the species lol

these cats are two times cooler then giraffes or nigers

great coloration for a river rock setup

niger ifs great for black estes (i got mine from anthony)

yet to own one of these buggers as well

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
there cool

please ship!!

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Don't know any other way how to say this, but... sorry. no shipping! :uhoh:

Sale is actually now pending at this time... If deal happens to fall thru??... I will then again post up for sale. Thanks to those interested and who did respond to my post... much appreciated! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store