5 gallon low light planted tank

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Yup that works, also over time as it grows it may push itself further above the soil layer, in which case you can either replant it again or if you get sick of doing that, you could get a small piece of rock or driftwood to tie down the anubias to and help keep it in place...

Reactions: Fishnerd360

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Sounds great, the more Anubias the better. Any plans to stock it with shrimp or whatnot?

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
This is my quarantine, but I might add shrimp maybe if i use one of my 10s as a quarantine.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I forgot you said it was a quarantine tank, my bad.
If you want to get a bit creative then that doesn’t necessarily stop you from putting shrimp in it and having it as a quarantine tank. You just let the shrimp breed upto about a hundred or two then transfer the majority of them to another tank. Obviously you would have put in lots of hiding places and whatnot in the other tank so the shrimp have a chance to reproduce. Now that that is done you have a colony that will remain stable in the other tank while the 5 gallon population can rebuild. If a quarantine fish kills/eats the shrimp then you have some you can move over.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I forgot you said it was a quarantine tank, my bad.
If you want to get a bit creative then that doesn’t necessarily stop you from putting shrimp in it and having it as a quarantine tank. You just let the shrimp breed upto about a hundred or two then transfer the majority of them to another tank. Obviously you would have put in lots of hiding places and whatnot in the other tank so the shrimp have a chance to reproduce. Now that that is done you have a colony that will remain stable in the other tank while the 5 gallon population can rebuild. If a quarantine fish kills/eats the shrimp then you have some you can move over.
Maybe ill get some cherry shrimp, where should I get them from since the ones at my lfs are expensive, oh wait 50% sale.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Here are the plants and the wood, anyone got an idea for a way to scape the tank?

image.jpg

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Honestly a "scape" with large leaf plants in a small tank is difficult, I'd just let it grow in and grow wild :D

Reactions: Zanzag

Thacarter54632

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2019
I like to take small chunks of driftwood and rubberband the rhizome plants to them. Then I am able to pull them up to trim and rearrange on a whim.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store