50 gal corner tank, goby or apistogramma. W

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
rhinogobius_cliffordpopei-800x534.jpg 3359_Mugilogobiusrexi.jpg Mogurnda_adspersa_2.JPG Just picked up a 50 gal corner tank as a new project. Need to get a stand knocked up first.
Stocking ideas I have thought of are.
Temperate tank, Rhinogobius goby. Species available to me are cliffordpopei, duospilus, rubromaculatu not sure which I prefer yet, possibly with white cloud minnows and a pardise fish.
Also available at the moment are Mugilogobius rexi, very tempted to do a species tank.
One of my favourites are about as well, Mogurnda.
Apistogramma set up, or a puffer species are also options.

Reactions: kno4te and tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d say a rhinogobious tank sounds pretty interesting. They got energy, color and personality. A group would do well. Could be a stream tank setup.

Reactions: dan518 and tlindsey

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
The gobies sound nice. I do love puffers though . I think I would have to go with a puffer tank.

Reactions: dan518

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I’d say a rhinogobious tank sounds pretty interesting. They got energy, color and personality. A group would do well. Could be a stream tank setup.
Yeah I was thinking along those lines.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I know someone on ebay has a breeding pair of humpback, also a hairy and a suvatti,
Are you tempted?
I always fancied a group of South american puffers. I've only kept marine ones and fahaka in the past.
Great fish though. Probably worth setting up a ten gallon just to breed snails for them.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Are you tempted?
I always fancied a group of South american puffers. I've only kept marine ones and fahaka in the past.
Great fish though. Probably worth setting up a ten gallon just to breed snails for them.
I am tempted, the issue I have is I work away, so my wife feeds the fish when I am not here. She does a good job but one thing she won't do is pull out any un eaten food. Any set up I have the fish need to be glutens, solo fish can be picky without any competition and its the medium size puffers that interest me. There are a few options I have thought about to get round this but having fish that are happy to eat pellets 4 days a week would make life alot easier.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I am tempted, the issue I have is I work away, so my wife feeds the fish when I am not here. She does a good job but one thing she won't do is pull out any un eaten food. Any set up I have the fish need to be glutens, solo fish can be picky without any competition and its the medium size puffers that interest me. There are a few options I have thought about to get round this but having fish that are happy to eat pellets 4 days a week would make life alot easier.
Gobies would be easier to maintain while
you are away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store