Status
Not open for further replies.

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
I am looking to sell my acrylic hex aquarium which is about 55 gallons. I bought it a few months ago and ended up losing interest and funding, so in the end I would rather it be set up and looking great in your living room than sitting here collecting dust in mine.

The tank is acrylic with a few scratches, which is to be expected. None of them seem very bad or deep, I couldn’t notice any when the tank had water in it. The tank has a euro brace around the top with a rectangular hole into the tank. From two of the corners of the opening, there are cracks to the edge of the aquarium. With the proper acrylic cement, these should be fairly simple to fix. When the tank is filled I did not notice any issues or signs of stress with the cracks. I believe that it is mostly a cosmetic issue. The canopy covers the cracks 100%, so when it is on you cannot even see them.

There are four holes drilled into the tank, three for a closed loop and one for an overflow to a sump. The three closed loop ones are in the bottom, one in the front, two in the back. You can either cap these or use them for circulation like I was planning. That way power heads and pumps are kept out of the tank and it looks nicer. I have all the PVC and fittings (I think!) to finish off the closed loop. It should just need to be glued into place. I have all three bulkheads for this as well, all three are brand new.

So for the sump, I really haven’t messed with this yet. I have the bulkhead, also new, but past that I’ve got nothing. You can either put in inside or outside the stand, however if it is inside, the door for the stand is very narrow, only 15”, so it may be tough to find something that will fit. I was thinking some sort of Rubbermaid container; however that is all up to you.

The stand is some sort of solid wood; it’s actually pretty nice and very heavy. The top is solid as well because of the tank being acrylic. There are three holes in the top for the closed loop as well as a couple in the back for running pipes to the sump and back out again. On one side, there is some sort of rough spot and what I guess I would call fraying. It is down near the bottom. I would guess the guy before me spilled a bit too much saltwater onto it. Once again, it seems to be a cosmetic issue as the stand is still sturdy and everything. It seems to be just the surface of the wood. In the pictures the door was taken off, I have since remounted it.
The canopy for the tank is made of the same wood as the stand. The inside of it is a bit rough, but once again I suspect it is from the saltwater. It hinges from the back and looks good from the outside.
I have a pump that I will include with the tank. I will have to update with the size and model as I don’t recall off hand. It is too small to be used in the sump, however I think it would be great for the closed loop. The pump is pretty much brand new.

I also have a heater that came with it. I have not tested or used it yet, so I would test it out before using it with prize fish. I will get back to you on size and brand once again. I have not cleaned it, so it does have algae spots on it, however it should clean up easy with vinegar.

I think have listed everything that comes with the tank, however if I come up with anything else I will post it up here. I will toss in my bottle of vinegar just in case I missed cleaning anything else. I cleaned up the tank pretty well, and the only spots that I have seen disappear in the water, however just in case I will include it.
I cannot deliver the tank; I don’t have a car big enough. I tried to fit it into my girlfriends Malibu, but it didn’t come close to fitting. So you will either need some sort of truck or a big suv. It all fit into my friends Cherokee; however it was a bit tight. So anything that size or larger should work out fine. I am more than happy to help you load, if you are fairly close, I can go with and help to unload as well. So pick up in Warren, RI.

I am looking for $150 for everything. I am very negotiable, so please feel free to make me an offer, as if it is reasonable I will likely take it. So please feel free to ask.

The pictures are before I cleaned out the tank, I will try and get some cleaned up ones in the next few days. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. You can post here, pm me or email me at fishguy258@hotmail.com.

Sorry this was so long lol

Once again, the tank has been cleaned up, I will get some new cleaned up pics on here soon.

IMG00543.jpg

IMG00544.jpg

IMG00545.jpg

IMG00546.jpg

IMG00548.jpg

IMG00549.jpg

IMG00551.jpg

IMG00552.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com