55 gallon bichir tank mates

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I think the ralphael will be fine. I think the others are afraid of the angels attacking whatever other cichlid you put in. I agree that the acara especially if its a electric blue will not cause a problem as they are pretty placid for cichlids. Pics always help.....
Ok not always but I like pics!

Jerith1842

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
I think the ralphael will be fine. I think the others are afraid of the angels attacking whatever other cichlid you put in. I agree that the acara especially if its a electric blue will not cause a problem as they are pretty placid for cichlids. Pics always help.....
Ok not always but I like pics!
Aha I will most definitely get some pics when I get home today! It’s still a work In progress but almost how I want it

Reactions: twentyleagues

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
When you feed the fish in the 55 gallon observe the aquarium for a few minutes. The reason I'm suggesting this to ensure the Bichir got food.

Reactions: twentyleagues

Jerith1842

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
When you feed the fish in the 55 gallon observe the aquarium for a few minutes. The reason I'm suggesting this to ensure the Bichir got food.
Since he’s pretty small I’ve been feeding him mysis shrimp and blood worms. But he gets a lot haha. I’ll usually throw a cube in and the angels will get some and there will be quite a bit on the bottom, and within 5 minutes usually the whole bottom is clean haha. Pretty impressive actually.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Since he’s pretty small I’ve been feeding him mysis shrimp and blood worms. But he gets a lot haha. I’ll usually throw a cube in and the angels will get some and there will be quite a bit on the bottom, and within 5 minutes usually the whole bottom is clean haha. Pretty impressive actually.

I have 2 Raphael Catfish but in a separate aquarium. When the Raphael's do come out of their pvc hides they suck up pellets like a vacuum cleaner lol.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Try cutting up some fresh tilapia for the bichir, I have 3 and they love it and it seemed to make them grow faster

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Hey guys, brought back this thread for a question. I have 1 Delhezi in my 55. Tank mates for him? Should I just keep him by himself? He is 4 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store