600 gallon how many raaayyyzzzz

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
Ok so im about 70% done on building my 8x4x2.5' and i allready have 1 3way hybrid female ray motoro/mantilla/bd
I want to try breed her in the future so asking how many rays i could keep with her i was thinking 3 females and 2 males total and 1 silver arowana
That was my stock list filtration is 8x flow of tank volume and a 55g barrel with k1 and another with ceramic and sponge
This seem like a normal good stock list?

Reactions: jim barry

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Should be fine but be prepared with a divider as you may well need it as they grow and breed.
When I set my 9x4 up I was told 3 rays max and thought no way and had about 9 at one point. But believe me when they are fully grown 3 is actually the right number in my opinion unless you are able to move things around to other tanks or divide the one tank when needed.

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Should be fine but be prepared with a divider as you may well need it as they grow and breed.
When I set my 9x4 up I was told 3 rays max and thought no way and had about 9 at one point. But believe me when they are fully grown 3 is actually the right number in my opinion unless you are able to move things around to other tanks or divide the one tank when needed.
Sorry.. dont mean to hijack the thread but, if i may ask.. is this due to having to separate the males from the females to protect them from harrassement or females not getting along with each other?

Reactions: jim barry

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
Well i think 3 is good as you said it would get a little crowded with anymore once there fully grown
Cheers

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Sorry.. dont mean to hijack the thread but, if i may ask.. is this due to having to separate the males from the females to protect them from harrassement or females not getting along with each other?
Yes mate

Reactions: MariaS
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store