600 gallon tank in room that has a wood stove?

Shadowplec6

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2019
Cato, NY
It doesn’t get very hot in room when the stove is burning and the room heats up slow to about 70-76 degrees Fahrenheit; just wanted to make sure it wouldn’t have a negative effect on the tank and the tank will 600g or better with good sump filtration and air stones so the water will be moving. Will be okay? Tank will be used to grow koi, goldfish, and other pond fish for my pond first then later for a bowfin!

Reactions: tlindsey

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Wood stove probably won't have any effect on your tank temp since its a large volume of water and you aren't running the stove all of the time. You might notice a slightly faster evaporation rate though as stoves tend to dry the air faster.

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Is the tank acrylic? Or glass.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Okay, number one
You can't say 600 gallons without a pic or seven

Number two unless you really burn that baby you should be fine

Reactions: dr exum

Shadowplec6

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2019
Cato, NY
Okay, number one
You can't say 600 gallons without a pic or seven

Number two unless you really burn that baby you should be fine
Unfortunately I can’t add pictures yet because I have not built it yet; it is one of my next DIY projects, just wanted to make sure it’s planned location wasn’t going to hazardous to the fish; but when I get it all put together and start cycling it I will definitely be posting a lot of pictures, I will be too proud of it not to! It will be 96”L x 48”W x 36”D(H)! And as for the stove I never burn it really hot, I live in NY so I am use to the cold and can’t stand the house temperature being any higher than 75*F (even that is pretty hot for me).

Last edited:

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Then shouldnt be an issue as acrylic can warp with blast of high temperatures over time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store