600 gallon tank in room that has a wood stove?

Vertigon_z

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2019
New Jersey
Shadowplec6 Shadowplec6 You bring up a valid concern I would say if the tank has a heater that shut off at a certain temperature you should be fine. If the stove is 6-8ft away it could possibly raise the temperature by a few degrees if the room warms up with use of the stove but 600G i am thinking should be fine especially glass. It also depends on how much heat does the stove disperse around it when in use especially if the room is small with little ventilation.

Shadowplec6

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2019
Cato, NY
Shadowplec6 Shadowplec6 You bring up a valid concern I would say if the tank has a heater that shut off at a certain temperature you should be fine. If the stove is 6-8ft away it could possibly raise the temperature by a few degrees if the room warms up with use of the stove but 600G i am thinking should be fine especially glass. It also depends on how much heat does the stove disperse around it when in use especially if the room is small with little ventilation.
The room is completely open with a wide entrance ,no doors and two windows which will be a distance for the tank. The room is 20’Lx 20’w with 8’-12’ cathedral ceiling. Temperature wise at it’s max with be about 75*F in the room; I can’t stand it any warmer than that, so from what I am hearing from everybody it should be good? Can’t wait to get it all setup so I can take pictures to post!

Reactions: Vertigon_z

Vertigon_z

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2019
New Jersey
Yea a completely open room I would not worry. Also 75 Degrees is pretty good. I would say have fun building and cant wait to see the results!

Reactions: Shadowplec6
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store