7 year update... Been a long time

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Hello everyone

Its been seven years at least sinve I've even lurked.

I just wanted to give an update on Mr. Green. For those of you that dont know who that is please view my albums.

He is alive and well at the downtown Houston aquarium in their main tank. He is with large groupers and many sharks. He exceeds 9ft and is living a happy life.

Also my bumble bee grouper is over 5ft as well there.

FB_IMG_1501474017516.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello everyone

Its been seven years at least sinve I've even lurked.

I just wanted to give an update on Mr. Green. For those of you that dont know who that is please view my albums.

He is alive and well at the downtown Houston aquarium in their main tank. He is with large groupers and many sharks. He exceeds 9ft and is living a happy life.

Also my bumble bee grouper is over 5ft as well there.

View attachment 1265818

That is a Beautiful Moray

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
That's a beast Moray.
I will turn my Tess to a local public aquarium probably soon or with in next 2 years.
Make sure you put some planning into this because most places do not accept public donations for many reasons.

I was lucky enough to have a great relationship with the head biologist on staff. Morays are amazing. Tess's are a lot of fun.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Make sure you put some planning into this because most places do not accept public donations for many reasons.

I was lucky enough to have a great relationship with the head biologist on staff. Morays are amazing. Tess's are a lot of fun.
Yeah, I knew the manager there for long time, they took my Arapaima, and a Leopard Shark few years ago, I usually don't have to buy ticket to get in there :p I just need to call the manager first and let her know my plan.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Yeah, I knew the manager there for long time, they took my Arapaima, and a Leopard Shark few years ago, I usually don't have to buy ticket to get in there :p I just need to call the manager first and let her know my plan.
Free admission is great. Wish I lived closer to my guys

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Canuck,can you get a shot of your grouper?

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Canuck,can you get a shot of your grouper?
Let me dig through my email and see what I have. I should have some updated photos of his current size.

However here is the last day I had the grouper. The eel went to the aquarium quite some time before this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
He was only 1.9 years old here. He was on hikari massivore from 1 inch. Grew him like a weed
Thanks for replying,and great looking tank...love the live rock pile.Did that puffer ever go after the other fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store