75 Bichir Tank

that drumin guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
kenner, louisiana
Would it be possible to have a 75 gallon tank with say about 3 bichers and 2 eels of some sort? The eels would probably be fire eels or tire track eels or one of each. thanks

that drumin guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
kenner, louisiana
Well, I was kind of hoping yall could help me out a bit on that too. I was just trying to see if any combo would be possible. I guess I'd be going for the more common species like the ornate, delheiz (spelling), and curvier (spelling again lol), and I dont really know any other of the common species.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Oh yes!. Ornates are a favorite, but they do get huge. Biggest one I've seen is about 14 inches, havent seen any on captivity that is over 20 inches. Now the smaller and more active ones are the Polypterus Palmas Polli (pol'i), P. Senegalus, and P. Delhizi, and P. retropinnis. Oh the albino senegal is nice too...

Those are the more common ones, except the retropinnis. that one you have to order from Toyin (Rehoboth Aquatics).

All of the pictures are borrowed, and not mine.

:thumbsup:

Bichir.jpg

7 stripe Delhezi.jpg

polli.jpg

Ppolli23.jpg

that drumin guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
kenner, louisiana
thanks a lot for the help and pics. i appreciate it. I havny seen any monsters in captivity either, but about how many if i only get one of each species could i get? 4?

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Four should be OK. But not 4 ornates :). I think you need to logout and log back in to be able to see the pictures, or it takes about 30 minutes to refresh the webserver???...Something like that. Anyway, when you see the pictures you will like it.

that drumin guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
kenner, louisiana
Thanks a lot, i can see them now. 2 more quick questions if you dont mind, what are those awesome looking fish in your avatar, and are there any good sites that sell bichirs that u know of off the top of your head?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store