75 gallon stocking ideas

Aquanoob

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2020
75 gallon stocking ideas. I just set up the 75. Lots of rocks, Driftwood, plants. Plenty of open area to swim.
I really want a community tank. 1 show stopper centerpiece. Either 2 small schools or 1 large school of top/middle dwellers. Most likely Cory cats at the bottom.
How about a severum and serpae tetras for the school? If I do 2 schools, what other tetra? Congo, Blue emperor, lemon, bleeding heart?
I'd love to get rainbowfish, but I'm not spending ~$10 per fish for a school.. not yet anyway haha...
I am set on a big centerpiece like the severum, acara, geophagus..
Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
75 gallon stocking ideas. I just set up the 75. Lots of rocks, Driftwood, plants. Plenty of open area to swim.
I really want a community tank. 1 show stopper centerpiece. Either 2 small schools or 1 large school of top/middle dwellers. Most likely Cory cats at the bottom.
How about a severum and serpae tetras for the school? If I do 2 schools, what other tetra? Congo, Blue emperor, lemon, bleeding heart?
I'd love to get rainbowfish, but I'm not spending ~$10 per fish for a school.. not yet anyway haha...
I am set on a big centerpiece like the severum, acara, geophagus..
Any help is appreciated.
Welcome aboard
I personally would do a group of Acara and what Tetra you listed and the Corydoras.

Reactions: Jexnell

Aquanoob

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2020
Welcome aboard
I personally would do a group of Acara and what Tetra you listed and the Corydoras.
A group of original blue acara(not electric blue, yuck) sounds amazing, but when they get to adulthood, I think it'll be too much. I don't want any type of aggression in this setup. I think a group will be too much for this small of a tank. I'm a year or two, I plan to get at least a 6' tank. Then I'd feel more comfortable with a group of monsters.
Here's my setup. Already have 10 serpae tetra with a bunch of guppy fry (will be moving out).
Plants are sparse right now (depends on what fish I get if I plant more).. MVIMG_20200402_154554.jpg

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Get 6 young ones, let them grow out and naturally pair up. Keep your favorite pair, you may get a couple. Then rehomed the other four.
The 75 would be plenty big enough for life. The tetras and cats will pick off the fry so you shouldn't get overrun.

Aquanoob

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2020
Does anyone know where I can get the original blue acara? Any secret online stores I don't know about?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store