750 Native tank up and running. Still alot of work to do.

Lucas&kim

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2016
When I set up my last tank (75g)
I added some gravel taken from a very established aquarium and added it to the filter. I also added a LOT of starter microbes, then I put in a little fish food every day. I had everything running including wave makers and light on 24/7. I did put in nerite snails and glass shrimp as a clean up crew. The snails are still there (and they are huge now) but the shrimp got eaten....
Now keep in mind, my tank is only 10% of what you have (75g)
You have an awesome tank. One day maybe. You haves a dream tank!
DO you know where to find grass pickerel around here. Since we live in the same area.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
DO you know where to find grass pickerel around here. Since we live in the same area.
Jonah Aquarium online should carry most native fish

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas

I have never caught or seen one, so they must not be too prevalent. But they are an awesome looking fish!
I would suggest calling Texas Parks & Wildlife and ask to talk to a game warden. They have always been easy to talk too and they know what comes out of the water and where if they have been around a while. I used to have the cell number of the head game warden here in SE Texas. I will see if I can find it and if I do, I will give him a call.

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
I have never caught or seen one, so they must not be too prevalent. But they are an awesome looking fish!
I would suggest calling Texas Parks & Wildlife and ask to talk to a game warden. They have always been easy to talk too and they know what comes out of the water and where if they have been around a while. I used to have the cell number of the head game warden here in SE Texas. I will see if I can find it and if I do, I will give him a call.
I lost his number I guess... :cry:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store