75g!!!!!

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
It's absolutely not a thing I am joking. Best of luck on your new adventure.
I was about to freak out ? I thought it would be so awesome to have one side is the flowerhorns natural habitat (if of course it wasn’t a man made hybrid) and the other half men the jag cats natural habitat

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
It's absolutely not a thing I am joking. Best of luck on your new adventure.
It can happen...
Have good amounts of hiding spots scattered. It isn’t impossible for the flowerhorn to want the side with more cover.

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Just pick which fish you like better (In my opinion the black belt will get too big for a 75g). I feel like you are just kind of going in circles. Its been a day and there is already 11 pages in this thread. I would just keep the flowerhorn with nothing else. flowerhorn dont tolerate tank mates very well and bichirs cant defend themselves at all really. When my bichirs where 8" they got beat up by 3-4 1" jack dempseys I had.

Reactions: Deadeye

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Buddy, no chance of a maculicauda and a flowerhorn peacefully co-existing in a 90 gallon. Maybe if both were females, even then would be iffy.
You said you were going to be smarter on the stocking of the tank right? A 75 or 90 gallon is big enough for a flowerhorn only. Maybe you can get a catfish in there. A black belt will barely fit by itself, eventually a 6' tank would be better.

edit: had skipped to end, not reading 11 pages, saw that you are returning the black belt. Good on you.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
If you really want another fish with ur flowerhorn, I think Raphael catfish or Jaguar cat may work. Bichirs are also another option.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store