75gal

Been_away2long

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2017
hey everyone

I'm going to have a spare 75gal tank and I keep going back and forth with ideas originally I was going to pick up a flower horn and do that, but for some reason I keep going back to wanting a fahaka puffer. I know the tank is too small for full grown but could I start the fahaka if small enough in a 75gal? as it grows I will provide a 145-180gal for it? Just want to hear people's opinions. Better off keeping a flowerhorn or get a fahaka

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
hey everyone

I'm going to have a spare 75gal tank and I keep going back and forth with ideas originally I was going to pick up a flower horn and do that, but for some reason I keep going back to wanting a fahaka puffer. I know the tank is too small for full grown but could I start the fahaka if small enough in a 75gal? as it grows I will provide a 145-180gal for it? Just want to hear people's opinions. Better off keeping a flowerhorn or get a fahaka
Fat Homer Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
It all depends how long it will take you to get the 180G setup, coz honestly a possible 15-17"+ fish is going to need space rather quickly...

So with say a 48" x 18"? Footprint, i'd say around 6 months to a year before you need an upgrade if you get a baby...

Coz as they grow length wise, their girth also expands exponentially lol...

Not to mention moving a large puffer without exposing it to air is not the easiest thing in the world...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store