8 foot stand and canopy build

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
That's an awesome new tank and build! Could you plz tell me more about the white pvc you're using? -- I'd like to use white pvc in my tank but can only find kind of electrical grade white pvc, and I'm not really sure if this is tank safe or not, so have stuck with the typical blue pvc which everyone uses for water plumbing here.

Oughtsix

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Redmond, OR
That's an awesome new tank and build! Could you plz tell me more about the white pvc you're using? -- I'd like to use white pvc in my tank but can only find kind of electrical grade white pvc, and I'm not really sure if this is tank safe or not, so have stuck with the typical blue pvc which everyone uses for water plumbing here.
That is funny, many people here in the US pay extra for blue or other colored PVC pipe if it is going to be visible in the tank. White pvc in the tank really highlights the green of the inevitable algae that collects on the pipe... I know, I have used plenty of white PVC.

In the US our electrical PVC is grey instead of white. They grey electrical PVC does not have a "Burst strength" rating and isn't legal for using in house/building plumbing... but it is fine for aquariums. I have used a fair amount of grey pvc and black poly pipe so it blends into my tank instead of popping out like white PVC does.

BTW... very nice stand build! I am looking forwards to seeing some completed pictures. Home much bigger did you build the stand than the tank as far as foot print goes?

Reactions: islandguy11

NCHornet

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2012
NC
Nice tank and stand you got there. You still planning on a canopy? Type of lighting and how will you heat this big boy?
Later
NCH

coreybecker

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2012
Alberta canada
Nice tank and stand you got there. You still planning on a canopy? Type of lighting and how will you heat this big boy?
Later
NCH
Life been crazy renovated top floor of house same time as tank. Just taking a much needed construction break. I'll be back at it soon. For heat I run 2 300 watt ehiem controlled by ink bird controller. Lights are marineland led

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store