900 gallon plywood shark tank build

dingodan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
vancouver bc
I don't know the answer to that, but in most builds I have seen they either Bondo over or wood filler over the screws. I always assumed it was a possible weak spot so you would want it as reinforced as possible. I could imagine under all that pressure water some how finding a way past the epoxy could use the screw threads to make an escape.....but if it gets through the epoxy aren't you kind of boned anyway?
Same reason i didnt understand why people use stainless screws and marine grade plywood. I did use stainless screws for the plywood just to keep moving forward though wasnt worth gettin into it

dingodan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
vancouver bc
I mix my resin very slowly for about 5 minutes dealin with about 200ml at a time. I find it near impossible to pour it without getting these microbubbles. I spread it around with a putty knife for the floor but the walls ill be using a roller which ive noticed makes more bubbles. Should i be using a heat gun to try to get these bubbles out while its wet?IMG_20200314_103047.jpg

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
I mix my resin very slowly for about 5 minutes dealin with about 200ml at a time. I find it near impossible to pour it without getting these microbubbles. I spread it around with a putty knife for the floor but the walls ill be using a roller which ive noticed makes more bubbles. Should i be using a heat gun to try to get these bubbles out while its wet?
From what I've read an aluminum roller should get these bubbles out. Is that what you are using?

dingodan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
vancouver bc
Today i noticed the fiberglass actually has alot of raised spots with air pockets underneath it from not being able to flatten the cloth down 100%. Its minor but I think ill sand these spots down once it cures then add another coat of epoxyIMG_20200314_141857.jpg

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store