95 Clown Loaches in massive tank.

12fishy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2018
I honestly don't get tanks like this. In a few short years the majority of these fish will need to be farmed out, or the loaches will become like sardines in a tin. I get that it's a 350, but even in a 125 within 5 years I had to start to ponder where I would rehome my group of 15 CL's. 95 in a 350?

And why are we redirected to youtube to watch this video?
I have plans for a monster tank (1000 gallon). Clown loaches are very growing fish and I have a long time to complete my build.
And I used YouTube because a 30-40 second clip wouldn’t upload!

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I have plans for a monster tank (1000 gallon). Clown loaches are very growing fish and I have a long time to complete my build.
And I used YouTube because a 30-40 second clip wouldn’t upload!

Ok on the upload, I had no idea that was an issue. I don't personally think that a 1000 gallon tank is a good fit for close to a 100 clown loaches either. Not long term, not even close. What I see is a bunch of fish buzzing around like bees, when IME if you cut those numbers down to fit the design & footprint of your tank, give the fish some additional hides, and territory, and keep them the dominant species, or even better keep it a single species tank, you will see entirely different behaviours from those loaches. A buzzing swarm of bees, or a family of bees floating about gathering nectar from the flowers, while serving their queen. IME it is a completely different vibe from what you will experience. Good luck, make sure to post back when you upgrade.

12fishy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2018
Ok on the upload, I had no idea that was an issue. I don't personally think that a 1000 gallon tank is a good fit for close to a 100 clown loaches either. Not long term, not even close. What I see is a bunch of fish buzzing around like bees, when IME if you cut those numbers down to fit the design & footprint of your tank, give the fish some additional hides, and territory, and keep them the dominant species, or even better keep it a single species tank, you will see entirely different behaviours from those loaches. A buzzing swarm of bees, or a family of bees floating about gathering nectar from the flowers, while serving their queen. IME it is a completely different vibe from what you will experience. Good luck, make sure to post back when you upgrade.

Hahahahaha thanks for that. They are certainly busy bees before they’re feed but like sluggish worms the rest of the day in their little hide outs.
Thanks for your comments very entertaining

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I wasn't meaning to be disrespectful, I hope that you didn't take it that way. I have a lot of years experience with CL's, just trying to share what kind of behavior one can experience with the proper set up. A 6 x2.75 footprint is not what I would consider massive, as you described in the title of this thread (95 Clown Loaches in massive tank), or even close to the size required to suit 95 clown loaches, any more than it would be an ideal set up for 95 red hook silver dollars. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store